Trekking Pole to monopod for Rifle

tlun3

FNG
Looking for some suggestions. I have a trekking pole adaptor to connect my binoculars to for a monopod setup(see link below). I love this setup and thought maybe it would be worth trying to connect my rifle to this as well. I realize not near as steady as a tripod but could be helpful. Any suggestions? Maybe a light arca rail system. Note rifle i shoot is a tikka 300wsm (and soon adding a tikka compact for my kids in 6.5 creedmoor). Also note the trekking pole adaptor has a ball head and a 1/4-20 threaded stud. I guess i could get a acra rail to attach to rifle like this (https://www.mountaintactical.com/shop/shorty-arca-lite) but not sure what simple piece could attach from the acra rail to the threaded stud. Or any easier suggestions? Something that attaches to the sling point.

Monopod accessories that i have: https://www.blackovis.com/aziak-equ...TQQCCLgXimSovbsqCezQUIJYv3Hs0MToaAnwyEALw_wcB

AmmoTex

FNG
Honestly I’d go with the Wiser Precision Quick Clips!
Turns your trekking poles into handy shooting sticks, very solid!

Attachments

• IMG_0158.jpeg
    IMG_0158.jpeg
    649.9 KB · Views: 9
Hard to beat turning your poles into a bipod rest by looping the wrist straps over one another. No gadget involved. Great for glassing, too!

taskswap

WKR
There are dozens of slightly-varying sizes and shapes of these on Amazon. Here's on similar to what Cannonball posted, that I use:

I can't find a good photo in my archives of just the trekking pole with this installed, but basically they (almost) all come with 1/4-20 threaded bolts for mounting. Mine was both male and female - a female fitting in the yoke and a short 1/4-20 rod installed in it. I removed that and epoxied a 2" piece of 1/4-20 all-thread into the top of one of my sticks. It dropped right on there.

I've successfully taken a bull at 150 yds with it and it's great for anything nearer. Anything over 200 and I'd want more than a monopod but that's just me.

If I can make a suggestion, I STRONGLY recommend a trekking pole with a double grip. The one I have is the Cascade from Costco, which is popular on this forum as well. The reason is, your eye is a lot higher than a comfortable hand-grip while walking, and if you're going to use a monopod instead of hunkering down over your backpack or something, you're probably standing and trying to stabilize an off-hand shot.

In that case, you don't want to be wasting time fussing with extending the length of your stick. What I've found with the Cascade is if I set the stick to the right height for use as a monopod, the lower grip is still comfortable for general trekking. This way I don't have to adjust it at all, and the longer default length is also nice for fording streams and log-walking...

stick.jpg

Hard to beat turning your poles into a bipod rest by looping the wrist straps over one another. No gadget involved. Great for glassing, too!

This - works great to get rifle above the brush with something you’re already carrying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
T

tlun3

FNG
Yeah i have looked at those, and like that option. Really looking for something to connect to my threaded attachment i have already. A solid connection not just a V.