Tree stand seat cushion

Honyock

WKR
Curious if anybody can recommend a good tree stand seat cushion. I've done enough sitting on steel seats with no pad in my time and wondering if anyone can recommend a good seat cushion. The older I get comfort becomes more and more appealing.

SquatchN

FNG
I use the seat cushion from my lone wolf hang-on. It's lightweight and is better than the bare seat of my ladder stands.

*zap*

WKR
seat cushions that get left out can easily get eaten. I had a buddy stepping onto a stand and a squirrel busted out of a cushion.....he was startled and hit the ground.
3/4" hard foam insulation if you leave it out. cable tie it down. no issues with getting sopping wet either.

Last edited:
I use the closed cell foam ones as well. I am usually alternating every 30-45 minutes between sitting and standing.
I did add carpet to my stands this year. Hoping it keeps my feet warmer this late season!

OP
Honyock

Honyock

WKR
Hunt comfort is the only cushion you want if you want comfort. Lone wolf partnered with them several years ago. Mine is probably 10 years old and still looks and feels new. Stupid expensive but you will not regret a penny of it. https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/1025366758?pid=540980&utm_medium=shopping&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Hunting - Blinds & Furniture&utm_content=540980&gclid=CjwKCAjwlJimBhAsEiwA1hrp5t8V4gg7WRIA93acWQdjNKvHNmpD5lwZW9FfCTfGlFtHt2yrSmoruxoCraUQAvD_BwE
I was looking at those. How hot do they get in the sun? Early bow season in Oklahoma can get a little toasty. My wife used a gel pad on the back of my scooter and after about five minutes in the sun it turned into a heating pad. Somebody at Bikes Blues and BBQ in Fayetteville decided they needed to steal it.

OP
Honyock

Honyock

WKR
I use the closed cell foam ones as well. I am usually alternating every 30-45 minutes between sitting and standing.
I did add carpet to my stands this year. Hoping it keeps my feet warmer this late season!
We use AstroTurf and it does make a difference. Also keeps the frost/snow from making it slick when you step on to your stand in the morning. I can do without "oh sh*t" moments in the dark.

Dented

WKR
I'd like to hear more about the $65 seat cushion. Honest question, what about it makes it worth that kind of cash?

wesfromky

WKR
I have been using an insulated pad for a dog kennel. Water proof, reasonable insulation, and easy to roll up and pack in.

Scrappy

WKR
I was looking at those. How hot do they get in the sun? Early bow season in Oklahoma can get a little toasty. My wife used a gel pad on the back of my scooter and after about five minutes in the sun it turned into a heating pad. Somebody at Bikes Blues and BBQ in Fayetteville decided they needed to steal it.
I've never noticed it getting hot in the early season but I've never sit in the stand were the sun would be shinning on it either.

Last edited:

Scrappy

WKR
I'd like to hear more about the $65 seat cushion. Honest question, what about it makes it worth that kind of cash?
I've had quite a few seat cushions and they all eventually would flatten out to a solid hard surface. The hunt comfort one is like sitting on a memory foam mattress. If you haven't slept on a memory foam mattress go down to the furniture store and give one a try.

Now I'm strictly a hang and hunt guy. I would never pay that kind of money for one and leave it in the woods. Even if I left my treestand hung I would bring my seat cushion out after every hunt.

I hunt dark to dark all November long so I would pay alot more for a comfortable seat. If I just hunted a couple hours at a time I wouldn't even bother with a seat cushion.

Dented

WKR
Scrappy,
I get it. I wouldn't leave that in the woods either. I don't leave my cheap ones in the woods. The memory foam mattress comment?

I understand.

That's a lot to say. If it'll stay like that all day then I'll give one a try. 👍

I have used different closed cell foam pads, like the Husky Knee pad above. When it gets really cold I have a thin cushion from a company that use aerogel insulation on top of the closed cell foam. Seem to keep me a bit warmer.

Swamp Fox

WKR
Curious if anybody can recommend a good tree stand seat cushion. I've done enough sitting on steel seats with no pad in my time and wondering if anyone can recommend a good seat cushion. The older I get comfort becomes more and more appealing.
Steel seat?

You're lucky.

ohoopee

WKR
Imho hands down, its "Hunt comfort" for a comfy seat. Treated fabric keeps
the elements at bay. Biggest downside is the weight if you are packing
in a ways.

Scrappy

WKR
Imho hands down, its "Hunt comfort" for a comfy seat. Treated fabric keeps
the elements at bay. Biggest downside is the weight if you are packing
in a ways.
Yes Sir, I completely forgot to tell how heavy they are. But it's way to comfy to not tote into the woods.

Last edited: