Tree stand seat cushion

WCB

WKR
I use the closed cell foam ones as well. I am usually alternating every 30-45 minutes between sitting and standing.
I did add carpet to my stands this year. Hoping it keeps my feet warmer this late season!
Carpet does not imo keep your feet warmer and at the same time is a pain in the ass when it gets snow, ice, leaves etc. Causes more problems than it helps.

To the OP....get a thick closed foam seat cushion. If you really want comfort buy a couple Millenium stands.

Lowg08

WKR
I carry a 1.5 thermaseat. Not heavy. Doesn’t take up room. I lean more than I sit. So it perfect for me

LostArra

WKR
I second everything Scrappy said about the Hunt Comfort. Mine is older and still looks new. Never leave it in the woods. Yes, it's a little heavier but worth every ounce and I'm not hauling it in on a back country elk hunt, although I have considered it. It's not too hot for Oklahoma in fact it's not hot at all.

OP
Honyock

Honyock

WKR
Hunt comfort is the only cushion you want if you want comfort. Lone wolf partnered with them several years ago. Mine is probably 10 years old and still looks and feels new. Stupid expensive but you will not regret a penny of it. https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/1025366758?pid=540980&utm_medium=shopping&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Hunting - Blinds & Furniture&utm_content=540980&gclid=CjwKCAjwlJimBhAsEiwA1hrp5t8V4gg7WRIA93acWQdjNKvHNmpD5lwZW9FfCTfGlFtHt2yrSmoruxoCraUQAvD_BwE
Well I took your advice and you are right, if you're looking for comfort it's worth $65. I have back and sciatica issues and this is so much better than the cheap cushions. Just got to remember to not feed the squirrels with it.

I bought a Hunt Comfort probably 10 years ago. It still looks and feels new. I use the Velcro straps to attach it to my backpack. It always walks in and walks out with me. Very comfortable.

ONE_3

FNG
I used a 2” thick neoprene style seat cushion that also had a 1” thick back rest. Gave a little bit of back support/comfort while leaning against the tree. I quit using it because I decided it had such a bad odor. It smelled like an old wet suit and I decided deer were busting me because of it. Switched to a foam filled seat cushion. Kinda reminds me of the seat cushions we had that were fitted for the metal seats on old tractors and farm wagons. I always thought one of those style seats would be more comfortable than some of the tree stand seats out there, obviously weight would be an issue.

Saw the other day that Lone Wolf is re-releasing their mesh seat. It is similar to the Millennial seats. Might be a bit before you can get one, they are replacing all the ones that were shipped previously that had some kind of failure.

PlumberED

WKR
Classified Approved
Another vote for Hunt comfort. I would also I add the D-Wedge by NEP, not quite as thick as the HC but it does have a padded back cushion. Probably depends on your age, when you are young you can sit on anything and be reasonably comfortable. Not so much when you are older. I never leave the cushions in the woods for even one night, the squirrels have an uncanny ability to find and destroy them.

mkelemen

FNG
A more off the wall option is a wheelchair cushion. Not for every application, but may be great for some.

8grenade

FNG
I bought a Hunt Comfort Hiker seat on Amazon for my Lone Wolf Assault hang-on. It’s extremely comfortable and fits like a glove. I’m confident you won’t be disappointed.

Another vote for Hunt Comfort. I've got 2 for different uses, and my dad has 1.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk