Travis Bertrand's (Drhorsepower) semi-live hunt in Arizona

I'm surprised at lack of game in general I've been seeing!

On bright side I just glassed up a few bedded does, can't find a buck with them yet....

That's no good but hunting down there is tough but hey just gotta keep it on keep it on!! When I went it was one of the toughest and most exilihrating hunts I've been on and all came home with was a javelina and lessons learned but that's why we do it good luck!!! Hopefully there's a buck with those does

At least your out in the outdoors and not sitting in the office. But remember the water. It's probably worth at least a Swarovski to some of those illegals haha. Good luck!

Shrek

WKR
At least your out in the outdoors and not sitting in the office. But remember the water. It's probably worth at least a Swarovski to some of those illegals haha. Good luck!

It's funny and not so funny. I know an illegal and his little brother. He went home to see his dying mother and then did a desert crossing with his 14 year old little brother to come back. They walked three nights and hid out during the day. They ran out of water the last day and he wasn't sure his little brother was going to make it. He saw eleven bodies on the way. Those people are risking their lives for a chance for a better life. A life we take for granted.

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Simmer boys! This is about deer hunting, nothing more!

Also javelina;)

I watched those does for hours, they got up to feed and relocated a few hundred yards, no buck with them.

A glassed up a few more does at last light, they were all loners and another day of no antlers.

Just have to keep reminded myself, it's about quality not quantity. They HAVE to be in here somewhere. I will find him eventually!

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I found a decent buck, one I will go after. He's a few miles away bedded down and the sun is right behind him so I can't get a good look at him yet but he seems to have a nice frame. Stay tuned.... He is a hair passed how ears wide. Not huge

Hardstalk

WKR
Chootem!! Your on a time constricted hunt. If I remember correctly yoir wife and daughter have you booked up sight seeing. No time for wishy washy. Fling some carbon!

Hardstalk

WKR
Close enough. Use the top of your level on your sight. Hammer em! ;) p.s aim for spine at that distance. Your arrow should hit spine and drop out of his brisket with that kind of drop :)!