Trap's Feather Rest

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I wanted to take a minute to throw out a post on this rest. If your not familar with the Trap Feather rest Its a rest made of 4 Turkey feathers lined up and glued on Leather. He then cuts it down and bevels it towards the riser. This thing shoots amazing. I wasnt a big fan of pluger rests. I also wanted to shoot off the shelf. This thing is a nice balance between the 2. Tunes great and people are raving about them. Few guys saying they have shot with them for years with no issues. The Most common Questions about this rest is how well does it shoot when wet. I tested that this weekend and soaked it down. It matted a little bit but not much and still shot great. So figured Id throw out my research on this subject for others to view.

Some Photos.

Really happy with how well this has worked.

Great rests.

Very forgiving and I think more consistent than just a rug or leather shelf.

I brush a little feather waterproofer in mine (not sure if its needed, but it makes me feel better).

$12 a 3Rivers, or a guy can make his own pretty easily.

Yeah trap actually makes them for 3rivers but they sell out alot

Nice. Can you run something underneath the rest to give a little more clearance on a flat shelf? Just curious how much arch you could put into that rest. Only complaint I have with my Titan 3 is that wide flat shelf. You running a G5 Head Loc quiver?

Back