Trapper or Stockman style knives

Who all uses their "pocket knife" to skin their game. See alot about all the high end knifes folks use to fired dress / skin game.
Who uses their traditional Style knife to get the job done.
I have been looking at the folders and fixed blades with high end steels, but..... just something I like about my Carbon steel trappers

SDHNTR

WKR
High end knives and most of what I see here are doing it all wrong. Thick and wide blades just suck for most anything game related. I usually work circles around everyone else when cleaning game with my good old Case Trapper.

mcr-85

WKR
I have quartered a few bucks and spike elk with a Case Trapper. One of my favorite knives.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

MattB

WKR
A buddy is a hunting guide and for as long as I have known him he has used muskrat skinner blade Case pocket knives. They have a thinner blade profile height-wise than the Trapper.

CorbLand

WKR
I use a replaceable blade for the most part but a Case Trapper is my back up. Love that knife.

bpa556

Lil-Rokslider
Carbon steel Case Trapper here as well. Holds an edge and easy to touch up when needed.

That thing has put lots of food in the freezer over the last 30 years or so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bummer7580

Lil-Rokslider
Who all uses their "pocket knife" to skin their game. See alot about all the high end knifes folks use to fired dress / skin game.
Who uses their traditional Style knife to get the job done.
I have been looking at the folders and fixed blades with high end steels, but..... just something I like about my Carbon steel trappers
For everyday use I carry a yellow handled full size Case trapper in CV steel. Have had it along on a lot of elk hunts that I help on, works great. For Father's day I asked my wife and kids to give me the Case trapper in S35VN steel. Beautiful and steel seems great. I finally drew a Utah tag this year and am excited to try the knife on a bull.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
My wifes Grandpa is 83 and still processes 2-4 whitetails per year. He only ever uses an older folder pocket knife. Her Grandma washes it in the dishwasher after every kill, I don't think he's ever even sharpened it haha.

BigNate

WKR
I have been using an old carbon blade Old Timer trapper as my hunting pocket knife for a long time. It's been the only knife used at times. Generally speaking, I favor a fixed blade for actual work.

All the time! Been collecting Trappers since I was a kid. Latest was my Manitoba bear this May.
95d0ef3174b5cb3fb5b4534bac19cb37.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hunterjmj

WKR
Worked many animals with a case trapper and a case stockman. Not spendy and easy to sharpen. Gutted, skinned and quartered a nice bull last year with a case medium stockman.

I carry two trappers every day. A Case mini trapper in my pocket, and a full size Eye Brand trapper on my belt. No telling how many deer, pigs, squirrels and rabbits I've skinned with a trapper. They're really all you "need" although I do use other knives sometimes too.

Jmoore

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got a couple of the high end knives but seems I catch myself more times than not with the old yellow handle case trapper in hand.

Plan on using a Cricket Overland I got a few months back.
But now yall got me wanting to dig out the Case collection and
see what I can find.