Training hikes in VA

nflesher

Lil-Rokslider
Is deer still in season in West Virginia or are you hunting something else?

I live in Southern Maryland and am planning to do some hikes in the Blue Ridge or Appalachains this summer to shake out my gear. I work shift work and have days off during the week if anyone in the area wants to try and get together let me know. Thanks !

Haha...sounds like my last few days of deer hunting here in Virginia...there was fresh ice everywhere, trying to go up any hill turned in to very deliberate movements.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Indeed. It's bad out when the dog can't walk without busting his butt a few times lol.

circles

FNG
I didn't think anyone went up there this time of year. There's a reason those trees don't have branches on one side.

Ha! I was camping up there this summer. Sawed up a bunch of red spruce branches for firewood. Those suckers were like rock maple! The growth rings were paper thin.

Hall256

WKR
Sounds like we need an East coast/VA Rokslide rendezvous

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Ha! I was camping up there this summer. Sawed up a bunch of red spruce branches for firewood. Those suckers were like rock maple! The growth rings were paper thin.

To this day the only time I have not been able to get a fire started was an overnighter in the Roaring Plains. It's just about impossible to break branches off of some of those trees. My last two trips there were a serious washout.