Trad kill thread 2024

362lb Manitoba black bear in May
df465520d0193cf34b8f6dad0144152e.jpg

with the Blacktail Longbow. One of the best hunting trips of my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wrench

WKR
Here's my kill this week.

I shanked an 8 yard shot at a bull after the cows he was with nearly....I mean 10" from my hand as I held at full draw close, bumped around me. I had great warning with the shadows coming from behind them....it was perfect. The bull crossed at 8 yards and true to myself, I soaked a 190gr simmons into a branch hidden in the fireweed. I was certain he was smoked so when he stopped to look over his shoulder at 18 yards....I didn't shoot. I watched him hit a flat bench at 80 and he had no holes!

I stepped out my shot and found that arrow. Shit.

Next day I have a 24 yard shot with a sapling covering the vitals so I pass.

Since then I haven't had a shot and proceeded to break my riser coming down a nasty hill.

Good riddance as that damn thing was more into wood than fur. I have a wheel bow in my hands as a get by till tomorrow when I can run to town and grab my toelkes.

20240922_150534.jpg

Hnthrdr

WKR
Here's my kill this week.

I shanked an 8 yard shot at a bull after the cows he was with nearly....I mean 10" from my hand as I held at full draw close, bumped around me. I had great warning with the shadows coming from behind them....it was perfect. The bull crossed at 8 yards and true to myself, I soaked a 190gr simmons into a branch hidden in the fireweed. I was certain he was smoked so when he stopped to look over his shoulder at 18 yards....I didn't shoot. I watched him hit a flat bench at 80 and he had no holes!

I stepped out my shot and found that arrow. Shit.

Next day I have a 24 yard shot with a sapling covering the vitals so I pass.

Since then I haven't had a shot and proceeded to break my riser coming down a nasty hill.

Good riddance as that damn thing was more into wood than fur. I have a wheel bow in my hands as a get by till tomorrow when I can run to town and grab my toelkes.

View attachment 767761
I can feel your pain! Zipped pinky sized twig and deflected over a herd bull at 8 yards after 45 cows passed in front of me… so exhilarating