Trad kill thread 2024

Had a good morning out in the forestry 10/8 . Went to a place I scouted in spring of 2023 that had good sign. Knew there were several kinds of oaks that should be dropping on it. I found a couple nice white oaks, but hardly anything except caps underneath. I decided to go farther and glad I did. Had a small white oak and a red oak that were dropping decently. I put my stand up on the small white oak and got ready. I hadn’t even pulled my arrow out of my quiver when I heard leaves and here they come. Had 5 does coming through. The first two went by too fast, but the third one stopped. I pulled back my new Northern Mist American I got from Steve last month and made a good shot. The Zwickey no mercy did well and she went about 100yds. I had to debone and pack out which was a first for me. I need a real pack. It was impossible to drag out. Too many blowdowns and ridges. About 3/4 mile from the truck so not bad. Beautiful morning!IMG_9723.jpegIMG_9730.jpegIMG_9753.jpeg

OP
Tegr0429

Tegr0429

Lil-Rokslider
Had a good morning out in the forestry 10/8 . Went to a place I scouted in spring of 2023 that had good sign. Knew there were several kinds of oaks that should be dropping on it. I found a couple nice white oaks, but hardly anything except caps underneath. I decided to go farther and glad I did. Had a small white oak and a red oak that were dropping decently. I put my stand up on the small white oak and got ready. I hadn’t even pulled my arrow out of my quiver when I heard leaves and here they come. Had 5 does coming through. The first two went by too fast, but the third one stopped. I pulled back my new Northern Mist American I got from Steve last month and made a good shot. The Zwickey no mercy did well and she went about 100yds. I had to debone and pack out which was a first for me. I need a real pack. It was impossible to drag out. Too many blowdowns and ridges. About 3/4 mile from the truck so not bad. Beautiful morning!View attachment 775850View attachment 775851View attachment 775852
Beautiful doe and a great write up.