Tract Toric UltraHD 3-15x50mm Q&A

fwafwow

WKR
I don’t think Form has ever posted on SH, so the owner you spoke to is just going off of here say , and not actual facts. The scope failing, the rescinded reply, and no warranty on the scopes when they get put to rough use, tells anyone with any common sense to stay away.
I wish the Tract folks would weigh in so I don’t have to rely solely on my memory, but I don’t think the reference to SH was intended to say Form had posted there. At the time I did look up the SH thread(s) and IIRC I dismissed them because IMHO they were just trashing the testing procedure, and raising the bias innuendo.

freddyG

WKR
I wish the Tract folks would weigh in so I don’t have to rely solely on my memory, but I don’t think the reference to SH was intended to say Form had posted there. At the time I did look up the SH thread(s) and IIRC I dismissed them because IMHO they were just trashing the testing procedure, and raising the bias innuendo.
At one time, Frank over at SH had Form confused with Todd Hodgnett who according to Frank is NF or else. 😂 I figured that’s what Tract’s owner was referring to.

JeffB1961

FNG
in post 3 of the eval it was said tract offered to replace the scope ......
what more could tract optics do if a owner refuses to let them honor their warranty ?

fwafwow

WKR
in post 3 of the eval it was said tract offered to replace the scope ......
what more could tract optics do if a owner refuses to let them honor their warranty ?
It was post #4. But you are reading into that statement something that didn't happen. Tract offered to replace the scope when I first realized there were ring marks. But Jon at Tract also said it probably wasn't necessary because ring marks rarely cause problems with their scopes. The scope was later sent to Form for the evaluation. After the evaluation, Tract (a) first posted that they were in support of the drop tests (hahahaha), (b) later deleted that post, and (c) still offered to replace the scope. I asked them to send the replacement scope directly to RS for another evaluation - they refused. So when they replaced the scope with a new one, I then sold the new one.

JeffB1961

FNG
thanks for replying .
does the factory warranty say it allows giving replacements to someone other than a private owner aka a business/commercial use ? the fact that a replacement was offered and was refused just .... i dunno .. seems to skew things a bit IMO . i'm a scope novis but i'm considering a (IMO) big upgrade and tract is one of the main 3-4 brands i'm considering .
thanks for sharing your results .

fwafwow

WKR
thanks for replying .
YW.
does the factory warranty say it allows giving replacements to someone other than a private owner aka a business/commercial use ?
This seems like a reach to me. I was communicating directly with one of the two owners of Tract (Jon LaCorte), by email and on the phone. I didn't read the warranty, but I would be surprised if there was that level of specificity, and even if that was in the warranty, certainly it could be waived. I was just asking to ship directly to RS instead of to me. His reluctance in sending the scope was solely related to not wanting to have anything to do with the drop tests.
the fact that a replacement was offered and was refused just .... i dunno .. seems to skew things a bit IMO .
The replacement was never refused. It was first offered WITH THE SUGGESTION that it wouldn't be needed - after the ring marks (which were the result of Tract's incorrect torque specs). After the scope failed the drop test - which I discussed with Jon - he still agreed to replace the scope, and I accepted the offer. FWIW, he also proceeded to take shots at both the concept of the drop test, and at Form personally.
i'm a scope novis but i'm considering a (IMO) big upgrade and tract is one of the main 3-4 brands i'm considering .
thanks for sharing your results .
Good luck in your search and choice. There is lots of information on RS, already posted and you can always ask for specific recommendations.

The illuminated one is intriguing

. It's got the same trijicon tenmile and maven rs1.2 style parallax illum dial and the same magnification dial the maven 1.2. I wonder if it's got the same zero stop feature? So it's very close to those two that have passed the drop test making me think tract ordered it to similar factory spec. They kinda went quiet on the drop test front though making me think the internal specs are still not quite up to standard as the rs1.2/trijicon.