Torso Length Measurement - What now?

Sinistram

FNG
OK, so I've searched the heck out of the forum, watched all the YouTube videos, and evaluated things. I had the wife measure my torso according to every guide out there (top of iliac crest to C7) and the number is 17.5". My pack has an adjustable yoke, so I have adjustment range, but the question I can't seem to get answered is how does the torso measurement of my body translate into an adjustment on the pack?

I've tried it high and low, and there are subtle differences but I have to be missing something. Is there a way to reference when you have the yoke correctly adjusted to your body? The only thing I could see different are where the load lifters hit my shoulder and how long the shoulder straps are. Moving the yoke up or down takes the lifter attachment point either forward or backward and the straps shorter or longer, respectively. On a few test hikes of 3-4 miles with each adjustment, I get the impression there might be more weight on my shoulders than there should be, but I don't know how much heft you're actually supposed to feel there.

I'm adjusting with 25lbs in the pack, then switching to 45lbs to test how it handles a bit more weight. I don't want to be one of those guys not getting the most out of my pack with incorrect adjustments. Anyone care to offer advice? Thanks in advance!!