Toilet paper or wet wipes?

ChrisAU

WKR
Wet wipes and I've been "dehyrdating" them for years. Just open a pack and let it sit out for a few weeks before I leave. When you are ready just drop a bit of water on one.

I don't have a colon, so this topic is something I'm well versed in... (shorter transit time through the gut is no fun by the end of a week in the backcountry). Cleanliness is king when the cycles are short!

I prefer to use a culoclean and the little coin sized toweletts if water is abundant. And there's always a rock to flip or a soft place to scratch a hole...

Be a real man and use leaves in the woods or a pinecone, and out on the prairie sage brush. Happy wiping. Actually, wet wipes the bio degradable ones they have more uses than wiping yer arse and yes bury it.

RMM

WKR
Compressed coin towelettes. Add a couple drops of water and they expand into a full wipe so it’s like a more biodegradable wet wipe and they weigh next to nothing plus don’t take up any space. Can fit about 10 of them in an orange waterproof match holder. Surprisingly tear resistant too
You have a particular brand you prefer? First time I've heard of these. Wanting to pick some up before I leave for 7 days in the backcountry

fishslap

WKR
My kit includes small packs of the tissues and several individually wrapped wet wipes. Use both. I like to find a downed tree to lean against so I can get the best geometry. Kick out a hole, go in the hole from a downed root wad, and/or cover with rocks or big pieces of bark.

I much prefer a half sheet of a good quality paper towel (Bounty, Brawny, etc) for the first stage, strategically folding it beween swipes. Followed by a wet wipe that first cleans the face, then the crotch, finally the butt.

MTGunner

Lil-Rokslider
Paper towels can be folded easily for many wipes. I carry the single ply, half sheet paper towels. Buried Towels will disintegrate into the soil and the public will see little. Bounty, the pooper cleaner upper! MTG

Kleos

Lil-Rokslider
Wet wipes because I am not a barbarian.

I bury my poo and pack out my wet wipes. Bio-degradable doesn't mean it won't still sit there for a year or more and even if you bury it, that doesn't mean another animal won't dig it right back up. Nothing worse than seeing hunting spots filled with garbage left behind.

Drenalin

WKR.
If you don't bury your shit Jesus doesn't love you and neither does your mother.
cover_your_poo.jpg