Today I learned I don't know what a 300" bull is

Ucsdryder

WKR
Filled my Colorado archery elk tag yesterday. It was an epic adventure, and exactly the bull I dreamed about finding in this unit. Now, inches don't matter much to me, and every bull I've killed previously has been small, but when I saw him on the ground I thought he was for sure a 300" bull. Got home and rough taped him, and he's 270". I learned today that a lot of the so called 300" bulls I've seen in my life, probably weren't. View attachment 449813View attachment 449814
This bull below was 278. There are definitely some similarities between the 2 bulls.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 255
Bro! Keep it real. The Bull looks badass!! Good mass, character, great color, symmetric, 6x6. I wouldn't think twice on that one. FWIW

When you go to the B&C calculator, it will spit out a total like this for you. Assuming you can run a tape, you should get darn close.

Attachments

• Unofficial BC scoring sheet.png
    Unofficial BC scoring sheet.png
    436.8 KB · Views: 214

sndmn11

WKR
[
I added the spread. Here's my numbers. View attachment 449852
Those look close to me. I love that bull but I think for scoring it is deceiving because his proportions are correct for a bigger bull and what most people's eyes are drawn to, and he is just a scooschybit short on each tine in length. Over 12 measurements that adds up.

I do however think he is closer to 300" than what you have him at, 285-290".

Great bull, OTC in Colorado,
Really nice bull especially for otc.

Who said OTC?

Ucsdryder

WKR
[
Those look close to me. I love that bull but I think for scoring it is deceiving because his proportions are correct for a bigger bull and what most people's eyes are drawn to, and he is just a scooschybit short on each tine in length. Over 12 measurements that adds up.

I do however think he is closer to 300" than what you have him at, 285-290".

Who said OTC?
I completely agree with everything you said. This is a great thread! Just goes to show you, our minds tell us a mature 6x6 is 300”, even when we have one with pictures and a score. Great bull, that’s a shooter in probably all but 4-5 units in Colorado with a bow.

svivian

WKR
I thought 280" bull when i saw the pic. Back end does not look like a 300" bull. Also brow tines aren't sweeping out in front of the nose. That is a beautiful bull though and love the dark horns. Congrats!