Titanium Mug Evernew Vs Toaks Vs Snow Peak

fshaw

WKR
I'm setting up for multi-day backcountry spring fishing trips in the Adirondacks and have gone back and forth between stove-less camping and an ultralight cook set. I'm getting ready to purchase a 700-760ml Mug to use as a one piece solution with the original Pocket Rocket that I have. I've already checked stability with different cups of the same diameter. Not concerned about nesting or mug holding stove.

Here's the question, anyone have experience with both Evernew, Toaks and Snow Peak that could give advice regarding quality and durability. I know that the Evernew has insulated handles, that is a plus. If you haven't used different brands, how do you like what you have? Use is for coffee and boiling water, maybe some Ramen. Trip length 2-5 days.

Thanks.

Frank

mlgc20

WKR
I have multiple versions of all three brands you mentioned. They are all quality brands. And I use all three just depending on size needed. The one I use the most is the Evernew Ti Pasta Pot. I like the silicone pot handles and the pasta strainer lid. My second most used is the Toaks 650.

I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase a pot from any of the three brands. If looking for a pot, I would lean towards Evernew. If I needed a mug, I would lean towards Snow Peak.

OP
F

fshaw

WKR
I’m looking for one piece to be pot and mug. Thanks for the replies.

turley

Lil-Rokslider
I've used the Snow Peak 600ml Titanium Mug paired with a Snow Peak LiteMax Titanium stove for approximately the past 6 years for solo trips and it has worked great (durable, compact, light).
I purchased a Titanium Lid from Four Dog Stoves made especially for the Snow Peak 600ml: https://fourdog.com/snow-peak-olicamp-titanium-lids/

If starting over I probably would go with the Toaks 700ml Pot/Mug for the slightly larger volume and the benefit of it coming with a lid.

Quality wise between Toaks, Snow Peak, and Evernew I see very little difference.

sargent

WKR
I've been pretty happy with the Toaks 750 ml titanium mug. I use it for coffee and boiling water for freeze dried meals mostly, but it'll just fit two packs of ramen when that's what's on the menu.

I'm setting up for multi-day backcountry spring fishing trips in the Adirondacks and have gone back and forth between stove-less camping and an ultralight cook set. I'm getting ready to purchase a 700-760ml Mug to use as a one piece solution with the original Pocket Rocket that I have. I've already checked stability with different cups of the same diameter. Not concerned about nesting or mug holding stove.

Here's the question, anyone have experience with both Evernew, Toaks and Snow Peak that could give advice regarding quality and durability. I know that the Evernew has insulated handles, that is a plus. If you haven't used different brands, how do you like what you have? Use is for coffee and boiling water, maybe some Ramen. Trip length 2-5 days.

Thanks.

Frank
Have a few toaks and they work well. If you decide to change stove up the PR Deluxe is a huge improvement in boiling time and fuel efficiency. If you want ultralight can’t really beat the toaks 650 and BRS3000 combo.

The first thing you should do is UPGRADE to the Pocket Rocket Deluxe as it is dramatically better than the original pocket rocket or PR 2. My hunting partner and I have always used the Snow Peak 600 single wall mugs with pocket rocket stoves. This year, I spent over 20 days sheep hunting with this combo. The only downfall to the PR deluxe is that it doesn't nest in the cup with a small gas canister like the PR 2 did. For extended trips, i'm usually carrying a larger can anyways. My lady and I lived off of 1x PR Deluxe and 2 Snow Peak 600 cups for her 10 day sheep hunt in the Chugach. This may be one of the most effective gear setups that I own which covers water boiling, ramen cooking, and coffee.

After browsing the snow peak website, I see that they make a 700ml mug as well. The 600 covers all of my needs personally.

Attachments

• PR jpeg.jpg
    PR jpeg.jpg
    433.2 KB · Views: 84

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
I've been pretty happy with the Toaks 750 ml titanium mug. I use it for coffee and boiling water for freeze dried meals mostly, but it'll just fit two packs of ramen when that's what's on the menu.
Another vote for the Toaks 750ml. I dont think you can go wrong with any of the brands though. They're all metal mugs.

I was carrying a 450 and 750, but dropped the 450 from my kit when I realized I can do everything I need with the 750. The additional benefit is I can fit my stove (soto amicus) and a small fuel canister inside.

There are some hacks to insulate the handles that I will be trying out this year. Its using 1/8"silicon tubing.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

DAA08E9D-53B1-4498-855A-F084EE6ED662.jpeg
No experience with the others but my Tokas 550 nests a mini bic lighter, small fuel canister, and brs 3000T almost perfect. Lid a little off but a rubber band around it and good to go. Light weight compact package.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wanted one with a lid the little toak is a good addition for a quick caffeine hit💯🤙

Attachments

• CD473042-CDB3-42F1-B6BF-57DF98942B43.jpeg
    CD473042-CDB3-42F1-B6BF-57DF98942B43.jpeg
    475.4 KB · Views: 98

ODB

WKR
I've got SNo PEak 1400, 750 (?) and 600 (?) (I forget the exact sizes). they all nest inside one another and the two larger ones have lids that double as little pans. They are great and unless I lose one, I don't see I will ever need to replace them. These are the single wall versions. I've never had an issue with the handles getting hot because i almost always have a pair of light gloves. I've used these with a PR 2, Kovea Spider and Whisperlite for probably 15 years now. good stuff

ODB

WKR
The first thing you should do is UPGRADE to the Pocket Rocket Deluxe as it is dramatically better than the original pocket rocket or PR 2. My hunting partner and I have always used the Snow Peak 600 single wall mugs with pocket rocket stoves. This year, I spent over 20 days sheep hunting with this combo. The only downfall to the PR deluxe is that it doesn't nest in the cup with a small gas canister like the PR 2 did. For extended trips, i'm usually carrying a larger can anyways. My lady and I lived off of 1x PR Deluxe and 2 Snow Peak 600 cups for her 10 day sheep hunt in the Chugach. This may be one of the most effective gear setups that I own which covers water boiling, ramen cooking, and coffee.

After browsing the snow peak website, I see that they make a 700ml mug as well. The 600 covers all of my needs personally.

Curious what makes the Deluxe better? Quicker heating? Finer adjustments? Looks like a substantial difference with that burner.

TruckMonkey

Lil-Rokslider
Look at Vargo. The lid can be used as a cup. I got an Evernew small pasta pot and wish I had gotten the Vargo pot