Tikka UPR Range Day

I ordered this 20” barrel 308 Tikka UPR from Europtic and it hammers plus has a much better stock than the CTR.

It has metal trigger guard and magazine well, plus it has very stiff fiberglass and carbon stock that has a nice rough texture for grip. Barrel is completely free floated and centered in the stock. A nice adjustable cheek rest is included and the recoil pad is softer than the CTR stock.

20 MOA rail installed from the factory.

Total weight with magazine and scope is 9.5 lbs. I’m surprised more people haven’t jumped on the UPR. It’s a nice improvement over the CTR.

Sub MOA accuracy no problem. My favorite Tikka yet and will make an excellent hunting rifle.

8F9017C4-D8D0-44C3-BCD3-49B6D9ADA5D9.jpeg8A46B693-55CF-4B45-AC89-962C2157F419.jpegF08B89F9-26C8-4D0E-AD15-F1BF1747FB4E.jpeg

Last edited:

RadDad

Lil-Rokslider
Appreciate the write up. I’m in the market for a Tikka so this will be added to the list to shoulder. What brake are you using?

- RadDad

mt100gr.

WKR
CTR bottom metal is also metal, FYI.

The CTR/UPR are fantastic rifles, straight out of the box. My CTR can hang with pretty much any custom I have seen.

Just wait until you dump the brake and spin on a suppressor. Even more fun!!

Sled

WKR
I ordered this 20” barrel 308 Tikka UPR from Europtic and it hammers plus has a much better stock than the CTR.

It is essentially a CTR barreled action but has a true metal trigger guard and magazine well. Plus it has very stiff fiberglass and carbon stock that has a nice rough texture for grip. Barrel is completely free floated and centered in the stock. A nice adjustable cheek rest is included and the recoil pad is softer than the CTR stock.

20 MOA rail installed from the factory.

Total weight with magazine and scope is 9.5 lbs. I’m surprised more people haven’t jumped on the UPR. It’s a nice improvement over the CTR.

Sub MOA accuracy no problem. My favorite Tikka yet and will make an excellent hunting rifle.

View attachment 507905View attachment 507907View attachment 507906
looks like a nice rifle and a good grouping but don't you know you're supposed to use a dime instead of your finger to cover the "flier"

OP
General RE LEE
Do you thing there’s any functional difference in this rifle and a standard t3 in a krg bravo?

KRG Bravo is heavier and has a fatter grip. I think the Bravo is excellent but more geared to bench or competition shooting. This stock is lighter and has a more narrow grip at the handle and fore arms

slowelk

WKR
OP
General RE LEE
This is definitely a better buy than the roughtech series. Even for the price difference.

There is a 20” threaded Roughtech 30-06 that is cerakoted at Sportsman’s Warehouse. Would make an excellent suppressed set up. With that said, the UPR is solid.