Tikka superlite threading Colorado

I bought my first suppressor and want to cut and thread my 6.5cm superlite for it. Is there any gunsmiths in a 2 or so hour drive of the grand county area that would cut into the flutes and make an adapter for 5/8x24 like many on here have done? Or am I better off sending it to unknown munitions and having them do it?

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’d send it to kampfeld, he’s well regarded for this type of thing. There are smiths in the Den area if you wanted but between the drives to drop off, pick up, and higher rates for labor imho it would likely pencil out to send to kampfeld.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Bumping this because my can got approved in 2 days
Fritz is good on the front range as mentioned above (buddies have used him as well) but he is more expensive than kampfeld and in your case requires driving twice to drop off and then pick it up. That is why I suggested to just send your barreled action to kampfeld because he is quick and his rates are reasonable for the quality of work.

OP
M
Thanks for the reply’s guys. I’m hopefully gonna be stuck in the hayfield for the next 10 days so I may send it off. I’ve never shipped a rifle what does the process look like?

Wapiti1

WKR
Thanks for the reply’s guys. I’m hopefully gonna be stuck in the hayfield for the next 10 days so I may send it off. I’ve never shipped a rifle what does the process look like?
Pull it apart and remove the scope and bases. Ship them just the bare barreled action. They don't need the bolt, stock, mag, etc just to thread it.

Wrap in bubble wrap, and pack it in a 4" shipping tube. Use Pirate Ship to ship it USPS insured.

Jeremy

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
In this situation you're shipping your firearm to a gunsmith that has a FFL who will be shipping it back to you thus you can do exactly what @Wapiti1 wrote. Doesn't hurt to have correspondence with the smith that you are sending it in printed out and in the box. Some FFLs want a photo copy of your drivers license too, most don't.