Best headlamp (waterproof with replaceable batteries)

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Zebralight is hard to beat. I have a few different brands but usually come back to my Zebralight.

Dr.Chill

FNG
+1 on the Petzl Core.
Same here: Love the Petzl Actic and Actic Core. Simple intuitive toggle button, red light for duck and ungulate hunting. Sometimes wish the battery runtime was a little longer, especially on the full 450 lumen (think it's max 2 hours with the Core battery). Al's had them for half off a few months ago and scooped up a few for like $35, couldn't beat that

CjMelendrez

Lil-Rokslider
is anyone still running the Peax Backcountry duo headlamp? I'm curious if folks are still happy with them?

I think the best approach is 2 headlamps. I have a cheap Amazon Peak style that has lasted over a year with hard use. Previously I have had Black Diamond, Zebra and Nitecores quit on me. Usually when you really need it.

mtnbound

Lil-Rokslider
is anyone still running the Peax Backcountry duo headlamp? I'm curious if folks are still happy with them?

There is a recent post about them just do a search.

Seeknelk

WKR
My zebralight is simply not working this year. Battery seems to charge fine. Do the bulbs break or fail on these? How would I check what it is? I just don't love it yet. Can only choose floody or spot and can't adjust the beam like my older black diamond etc.