Tikka Stock suggestions

AZ_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I need a stock for a tikka, that is in stock, so no Rokstock, for an upcoming trip.

This rifle will be optimized as a “walking rifle”, only intended to be shot offhand/field positions, no tripod or bipod, for use in thick timber.

I usually use AR platform rifles this role, but this is an out of state hunt and don’t want the optics of an AR rifle, so I am putting together a 16” suppressed tikka instead.

My experience with the Manners EH1 stock, leaves me to look for other carbon fiber light weight stocks that are thinner and more svelte for offhand shooting. I also can’t use a standard sporter stock because I need some cheek height. I have never been able to use a sporter stock without a cheek riser and attain proper cheek weld, regardless of optic set up.

I would like an integral raised comb, not a slip on or glue on etc, nor an adj cheek piece because of the added weight of the latter, in the lightest and thinnest form factor. I would even consider a thumb hole style stock provided there is a raised comb.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Last edited:
OP
AZ_Hunter

AZ_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Not much. Leave end of October. Need to chop, thread, develop load, sight in etc.

OP
AZ_Hunter

AZ_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Personally I just run stock packs on my stocks to get the cheek height I need and put 8-10rounds spare of ammo in it. More versatile to me than an adjustable cheek riser once it’s set up.
I have too, and I don’t like that. I want an integral high comb.

str8ripon

FNG
The VG and factory might be the only options you’ll actually receive before October at this point. I think I saw one of the Mesa/PP in stock recently/ready to ship. But that is an expensive, flawed solution from what I’ve heard.

I have a VG and it’s okay, but the trigger reach bugs me. I’ve toyed with getting a Bravo for the gun, I love my S20 in precision stock, until I have to carry it…haha. Also waiting on a Rokstok but not expecting it before November hunting season.

Diy it:

OP
AZ_Hunter

AZ_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I’ll probably do that victor cheek riser above, and chop the LOP with a grind to fit pad.

Thank you for the suggestions.

I also might just bring an AR instead of getting the new tikka… my 25x6.8 spits 100gr bullets at 2750 out of a 18” barrel suppressed and is built out of light weight parts. It was purpose built for this application for the AZ woods.

The impetus behind the last minute new rifle project was the prospect of running into a Fudd Warden and him getting a hard on to start questioning me about the “assault rifle”… everything from cartridge requirements and mag capacity would be legal of course, but I would prefer to not have to explain to an ignoramus that it is not a 223, yes this magazine only holds 5, etc etc. would rather avoid the entire meeting.

OP
AZ_Hunter

AZ_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Is there a thinner recoil pad available that fits the e factory stock to reduce the LOP a bit? I really like 13.5”

Luvda208

FNG
The VG and factory might be the only options you’ll actually receive before October at this point. I think I saw one of the Mesa/PP in stock recently/ready to ship. But that is an expensive, flawed solution from what I’ve heard.

I have a VG and it’s okay, but the trigger reach bugs me. I’ve toyed with getting a Bravo for the gun, I love my S20 in precision stock, until I have to carry it…haha. Also waiting on a Rokstok but not expecting it before November hunting season.
What is it about the trigger reach? I was also considering it to avoid the wait on the rokstok

str8ripon

FNG
It seems a little long to me, hard to get comfortable - like I either have to choke up on the stock more than I want or not be right at 90 degree straight trigger pull. I’m by no means the authority on stock ergonomics, I’m sure others who have chimed in on this thread can give you better direction.

Tikka with factory ctr grip or Sako s20 precision more comfortable to me. Overall, though, the stock is a good value, light, seems to be a nice height.

OP
AZ_Hunter

AZ_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I have not tried the stocky’s VG but the grip looks way too far back to me. I can’t see that trigger reach working out for me even with an XL glove size.