Tikka stock question (carbon barrel, factory stock)

wyosam

WKR
Has anyone clearanced enough from the factory stock to make room for a carbon barrel? I’ve got a carbon 6 feather weight coming, and ideally would just keep the factory stock. I like it, it fits me, and it already has the adapter for my javelin set into the forend . It seems like the aftermarket options are generally either really heavy, or $650 bucks and up. No desire for AICS mags, the factory mags and bottom plastic don’t bother me a bit.

If I have to replace, is there a reasonably priced option that doesn’t weight more that the original? This will be in a long action if that matters at all (I believe that is just and AICS mag problem?)

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jon Boy

WKR
It'll work great sam. Just stiffen the foreend with the remainder of the bedding compound after you skim bed the action. You'd be surprised at how much that stiffens that front end up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
W

wyosam

WKR
It'll work great sam. Just stiffen the foreend with the remainder of the bedding compound after you skim bed the action. You'd be surprised at how much that stiffens that front end up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Awesome, thanks! Just what I was hoping to hear!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jon Boy really enjoyed the summit review and have one on order. If you don't mind me asking what bedding compound and release agent did you use. Never glass bedded a stock before so looking for some direction.

Jon Boy really enjoyed the summit review and have one on order. If you don't mind me asking what bedding compound and release agent did you use. Never glass bedded a stock before so looking for some direction.
Did you have any luck? Looking to go the same route.

JD18941

FNG
Any aftermarket cheek risers recommended for OEM tikka stocks? Looking to do the same thing as everyone here with a proof research profit barrel

Juan_ID

WKR
Any aftermarket cheek risers recommended for OEM tikka stocks? Looking to do the same thing as everyone here with a proof research profit barrel
These work well, not sure if you’re opposed to drilling the stock or not.

That’s the one I have very easy to install and about the cleanest looking for a factory stock in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JD18941

FNG
Thank you. Will check these out. I want to get an aftermarket stock, but they’re expensive. Also, considering the Boyd’s sticks with the adjustable cheek and butt, not sure if anyone here has any experience with Boyd’s quality

snowtoy83

Lil-Rokslider
Sandpaper wrapped around different sizes deep sockets and some elbow grease. Sands fairly easily, then a little JB weld in the voids to stiffen it back up.