AG composite stock fit

I can't find any information on this so thought I'd see if someone has first hand experience.

A friend took an AG composite stock and had it inletted for a Christensen arms Ridgeline. He sold that rifle and put the factory stock back in, then he gave me the stock for a build.

I'd been looking at buying a weatherby 307 to use this stock with.
My question is, how silly or bad would it look if the stock was inletted for the heavy carbon barrel contour and you put a mag Sporter contour barrel in it instead?

Guess I could go with the bergara carbon ridge instead unless someone has a better suggestion for less then $1400??

SamsonMan22

Lil-Rokslider
All of my stocks are inletted for proof sendero barrels and the rifles all wear thin sporter barrels, except one is the tikka d18 contour. It looking bad has never crossed my mind and I prefer the large gap for function. My first krg bravo I thought looked a little funny with a sporter barrel but after owning it for a short time it didn’t bother me and it became a normal thing for me to have that much gap.

OP
OKHunter84
All of my stocks are inletted for proof sendero barrels and the rifles all wear thin sporter barrels, except one is the tikka d18 contour. It looking bad has never crossed my mind and I prefer the large gap for function. My first krg bravo I thought looked a little funny with a sporter barrel but after owning it for a short time it didn’t bother me and it became a normal thing for me to have that much gap.
Thanks for the response. I guess I sound like a candy ass worrying about how it looks. Guess I've just never seen one or paid enough attention to notice.

SamsonMan22

Lil-Rokslider
A lot of people hate the look of it, I could care less about the looks honestly. It’s nice to know the barrel won’t be touching the stock when excessive pressure or torque. Like I said I have used them that way for long enough that now it just looks normal.

Have you looked into a tikka? I know you can get a prefit tikka barrel. If you could buy a new tikka for $700, and then get a high end steel barrel for $400-$500 youd have $1100-$1200 in a rifle that should be a tack driver.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

OP
OKHunter84
Well I already have this stock that's for a Remington LA, so I was looking at the options that would work. The two I was considering are the Weatherby model 307 or the bergara carbon ridge. Not interested in the custom route because I've already done it and the gunsmithing cost just gets to be too much.

OP
OKHunter84
A lot of people hate the look of it, I could care less about the looks honestly. It’s nice to know the barrel won’t be touching the stock when excessive pressure or torque. Like I said I have used them that way for long enough that now it just looks normal.
You wouldn't happen to have a picture of one of your stocks that are inletted like that with the Sporter barrel?

SamsonMan22

Lil-Rokslider
You wouldn't happen to have a picture of one of your stocks that are inletted like that with the Sporter barrel?
Sorry this is all I have handy at the minute. It’s a tikka t1x in a stockys vg with a sendero inlet. Ignore my lazy dog in the background…

Attachments

• IMG_2870.jpeg
    IMG_2870.jpeg
    293.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2869.jpeg
    IMG_2869.jpeg
    497.8 KB · Views: 35