Tikka "Rokslide Special", let's see 'em

Northman.

FNG
What FPS are people getting with 77grains in 16-18’’ Tikka Factory barrels when loaded for Factory synthetic magazine length?

PC356

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
What FPS are people getting with 77grains in 16-18’’ Tikka Factory barrels when loaded for Factory synthetic magazine length?
2800ish with TMK’s outta my 18” barreled T3X
That’s with Black Hills factory though

Right at/just under 2800 fps with 17 inch barrel and TBAC Ultra 7. Handloads to factory mag length with 24.5 gr TAC.

ca-hunter

FNG
how those of you with 34mm scopes, how are you guys mounting them to the tikka? I am getting an Athlon ETR 3-18 with 34mm tube and trying to figure out the best solution. Right now between the UM 34mm plus the $50 bubble add on or Hawkins LRH with built in bubble. Mainly going to be used for hunting in Northern CA

Drswoll69

FNG
Alright guys let's see those tikka "rokslide special's"

EDIT: defining a RSS aka Rokslide Special

Rokslide Special- mostly unaltered Tikkas in 223/6/6.5, SWFA, sportsmatch rings, standard barrel length or cut with can, factory or aftermarket stock.

Edit to add that the new UM rings and level also meet the requirements.

I know they'll all pretty much look close to the same but I can't get enough gun setup pictures lately.
I'm currently not so patiently waiting for my sportsmatch rings and swfa 6x to come in off backorder, so who knows how long it will before I have mine together and out to shoot. Tell me about yours.

If you don't mind post a picture or two and share some kills or groups or both

Thanks guys!

Here's mine waiting for that scope and rings

Darryle

WKR
Classified Approved
Can you guys tell me if this pattern was a factory offering?

Stainless 8 twist 223 T3 Superlite, 22" threaded 1/2-28, aftermarket trigger spring and short picatinny on the forend.

Current plan is to order a set of UM rings, waiting to see if they release a 20 MOA version. I already ordered a Manners EH1-TK in GAP, either Mountain Tactical or UM bottom metal and run the modified factory magazine. I will probably replace the plastic bolt shroud at some point.

More than likely I overpaid for the package, but I am satisfied with it.

IMG_4113.jpeg

.223. Cut to 18" and dual threaded plus flange to seat a Hyperion. Vertical grip. SWFA SS HD 3-9x42. UM scope rings, plus UM blue level.

I put my UM level way up front. Open both eyes to get level. Level is clear and easy to see when behind the scope.
View attachment 611522
View attachment 611523
View attachment 611524
View attachment 611533
View attachment 611534

HYPERION-762QD only took 323 days to get approved. Makes me wish I cut it to 16" instead of 18". :)
20240626_201526~2.jpg

TheM1DoesMyTalking

Lil-Rokslider
HYPERION-762QD only took 323 days to get approved. Makes me wish I cut it to 16" instead of 18". :)
A Hyperion on a .223 must be really quiet!

How do you like the MKMachining throw lever on your 3-9X? I'm considering adding a throw lever to my SWFA because it's not as quick as I'd like it to be to adjust the magnification due to how low and far forward mine is mounted, but I've read really mixed reviews on the quality and fit of the MKM lever on this scope.

How do you like the MKMachining throw lever on your 3-9X? I'm considering adding a throw lever to my SWFA because it's not as quick as I'd like it to be to adjust the magnification due to how low and far forward mine is mounted, but I've read really mixed reviews on the quality and fit of the MKM lever on this scope.

It's printed plastic. Not a fan. Machined metal would be better. It's come off while hiking. It's a bit too long. Fits slightly wonky (tolerances).

Haven't shot it yet with the suppressor. With the thread adapter I can't wait to try it on the Ruger 10/22 and MkII!

Last edited:

TheM1DoesMyTalking

Lil-Rokslider
It's printed plastic. Not a fan. Machined metal would be better. It's come off while hiking. It's a bit too long. Fits slightly wonky (tolerances).
Good to know, I'll go with something else.

Haven't shot it yet. With the thread adapter I can't wait to try it on the Ruger 10/22 and MkII!
Are you planning on shooting much 22LR through your Hyperion? My understanding is that it's a 3D printed Ti can, not user serviceable and not recommended for rimfire which is much dirtier than centerfire.

I have the same throw lever on the same scope and it’s alright. It’s big and clunky but works fine. It is 3D printed plastic though so I’m sure it’ll break at some point.