Tikka Preferred prefit contours and stock questions

Did you ever get that barrel?

I ordered a similar barrel to @PantherCity (22” instead of 20”) on the same day 3/15/23 and we both received barrels around 7/1/23. I’m shooting a 115dtac just shy of 3000 fps and he’s shooting a 108eldm just shy of 2900 if I recall correctly. Very impressive barrel and just about to get to the second firing on my brass. Here’s a 5 shot group (don’t tar and feather me for not shooting a 30 round group) from my last range day
d651b8fcc870d8bb7492caf75e0a3119.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did get it and as [mention]DoveBlaster [/mention]said we have more or less twin rifles. I’m getting 2900fps with 108 eldm with just over 200 rds down the pipe. Still shooting the 1st load I threw together, 40gr H4350 in lapua brass with a CCI #450.

No target pics, but it’s sub moa for 10rds all day as long as I do my part.

Shooting great, took a speed goat week and a half ago with it.

I failed to get a weight before I screwed it on. I did try the barreled action in a factory stock and it would not drop in, but you could easily hog it out.

Looks great, shoots great. Clean threads front and back and headspaced perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
H
I got mine as well. Just got the rifle put together on Monday, but haven’t gotten a chance to shoot it yet.

Pics are over in the semi-custom Tikka thread.

Oh, and to answer one of my own questions about stocks, with the light Palma contour from PPB, the sendero barrel channel works just fine.

Tahoe1305

WKR
I’m bummed they went away from the flared 5/8s countour for threads.

I have to assume the hybrid you all are mentioning is heavier.

The tikka flared “should” taper down to about .65” or so until it flares back to .75” or so. Can’t imagine going straight to .75” is the same weight. If it’s only an oz or two difference who cares, but assuming closer to 4-6oz.

I really want a 2lb 20” barrel that is 5/8 thread capable. Closest I’ve gotten in CF is C6 featherlight which was 38oz if I recall.

Would be very interested in the “hybrid” weight in 20-22” range. I’m guesstimating close to that 38oz #. But pure guess.

I do have a chopped superlite with 1/2-28 at 21”. I don’t recall weighing it but it should be sub 30oz. But is thin……

Last edited:
OP
H
I’m bummed they went away from the flared 5/8s countour for threads.

I have to assume the hybrid you all are mentioning is heavier.

The tikka flared “should” taper down to about .65” or so until it flares back to .75” or so. Can’t imagine going straight to .75” is the same weight. If it’s only an oz or two difference who cares, but assuming closer to 4-6oz.

I really want a 2lb 20” barrel that is 5/8 thread capable. Closest I’ve gotten in CF is C6 featherlight which was 38oz if I recall.

Would be very interested in the “hybrid” weight in 20-22” range. I’m guesstimating close to that 38oz #. But pure guess.

I do have a chopped superlite with 1/2-28 at 21”. I don’t recall weighing it but it should be sub 30oz. But is thin……

Have you taken a look at having a collar installed on a factory sporter barrel?

I can’t say for sure, but I would bet that my factory 6.5 Creed barrel that was chopped to 20” and was threaded 5/8-24 with a collar is pretty dang close to 2 lbs.