Tikka bolt chipping

I'll be putting a call into Tikka this week, but I'm curious if anyone else has noticed chipping on their bolt lugs? This specific rifle is a T3X Roughtech in 6.5 PRC. At the range this past weekend, after shooting this for the first time with my hand loads and the new suppressor, I had heavy bolt lift when there was none before. No big deal, stopped shooting them and pulled them to back the charge down. But during the trip I saw the chipping that is pictured/in question. Not remembering if I noticed this before or not, I packed up and went home. The next day the family and I were at our local Scheels, and curiosity lead me to go look at a few of the other Roughtechs they had in stock. All had similar markings, but the regular T3X Lites that I looked at did not. Every bolt that has this, including mine, is only on the right side as well, the left is smooth as it should be. Has anyone noticed anything like this, and if so what was done about it, either by yourself or Tikka?

Attachments

• 20240525_114403.jpg
    20240525_114403.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 166

packer58

WKR
I have no knowledge of tikka's but, looking at the pic you provided it looks to be a stamping of some sort. The "crown" at the top looks way to uniform to me. Can't imagine all the bolts you looked at have the same "chip" "flaw" .......

Weldor

WKR
Kind of looks like a proofmark, but odd place for it? Not very well defined either?

OP
M
I was thinking the same, especially with it being on all the Roughtechs that I looked at. I thought it was weird that the regular T3X Lites did not have it. Glad that others can confirm they have it on theirs. Thanks everyone

OP
M
Kind of looks like a proofmark, but odd place for it? Not very well defined either?
I agree that for a proof mark, if that was what it was, it's not very well defined, or consistently shaped with the others I looked at.

I just picked up a brand new stainless T3X action today. No proof marks on my lugs or anywhere on the bolt that I can see.