Tikka barrel weight - superlite vs CTR 6.5cm

Hey guys,

Looking at a new Tikka in 6.5 CM. I’m probably sending it straight to WTO for a switch lug and modified factory barrel to work with it. So, my question is on the barrel weights.

Does anyone have the weight of just the barrel on a 24” superlite 6.5 barrel and a 20” CTR barrel?

I’m assuming the shorter CTR barrel is probably very close weight wise since it’s 4” shorter. I also like that I can run my suppressor on it as well.

I figure there are LOTS of CTR barrels hidden in the back of safes over on Snipers Hide to be picked up cheap.

I haven’t weighted them, but just from guessing I’m betting the 20” CTR barrel is still a good bit heavier then the 24” SL barrel. I think the extra 4” in the superlite with as light of a contour as it is probably doesn’t add up to more then a few ounces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By no means exact, but 4” of a 30 cal in about the same contour as a SL is 4.48 ounces. So In .264 probably 5.5 ish? I’m still thinking a 20” CTR is going to be a good bit heavier, I know the difference is a whole lot more then 5-6 ounces.

If I remember next time I’m at my dads place I’ll weight his CTR barreled action vs a superlite and give you an exact number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back