Tikka 6MM ARC / 6.5 Grendel

Juan_ID

WKR
What are the specs on your barrel? I am looking at Preferred. I can't decide between a 1/8 or 1/7.5. Which factory ammo has been the most accurate for you so far?
It is a preferred prefit light Palma with a 1-7.5 twist with a “match chamber” that I had fluted by kampfeld because the barrel was heavier than I’d anticipated. The smith I had put the barrel on said it was a little long in the chambering, I haven’t messed with that any because it shoots reloads so well.
I only tried hornady match and precision hunter ammo when the barrel was new. Of those 2 the precision hunter shot much better, like .75” vs 3”. Not sure why mine didn't like the 108 match factory ammo but it will shoot multiple 108 reloads under .5” for 5 shot groups with both xbr and varget.

I have an Atlasworx CTR to AICS bottom metal on the way. I picked up a 6 ARC MDT metal magazine. The current plan is to have Kinport rifles open up the bolt face and turn the 10 round magazine into a 5 rounder.
Not a bad plan, I thought about going that route but preferred a flush mag for hunting so I opted for a factory stock and m mag. Overall very happy with the reliability up to this point.

It is a preferred prefit light Palma with a 1-7.5 twist with a “match chamber” that I had fluted by kampfeld because the barrel was heavier than I’d anticipated. The smith I had put the barrel on said it was a little long in the chambering, I haven’t messed with that any because it shoots reloads so well.
I only tried hornady match and precision hunter ammo when the barrel was new. Of those 2 the precision hunter shot much better, like .75” vs 3”. Not sure why mine didn't like the 108 match factory ammo but it will shoot multiple 108 reloads under .5” for 5 shot groups with both xbr and varget.

Not a bad plan, I thought about going that route but preferred a flush mag for hunting so I opted for a factory stock and m mag. Overall very happy with the reliability up to this point.

Anymore updates on this? Thinking about doing a 22 arc/ grendel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilharcher

Lil-Rokslider
Tagging in…..I’m so wanting to build my son his first rifle on a Tikka, chambered in 6.5 grendel. Now I have all the info I need to do it.

Juan_ID

WKR
Anymore updates on this? Thinking about doing a 22 arc/ grendel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My wife shot a deer with it this year and it worked and cycled as it should. I unfortunately never got to get a shot with it.