Tikka 243 8 twist model # *UPDATED 2/2/23*PLEASE READ*

WayneKerr

FNG
Love this information. Keep it coming. Looking forward to range reports. I want a semi custom 243

So far I have 105 rounds through my Tikka with 2 loads that shoot same POA/POI - 100gr SGK with RL26, 108gr ELDM with H4350. Based on the last range trip I'm pretty sure the 95gr ballistic tips with RL26 or H1000 will do the same. 5-10 shot groups have been between .7in and 1.9in depending on bullet/powder. The 100gr SGK and 95gr BT 10 shot groups have been between about 1.1in to 1.3in. The largest groups were the 108gr ELDM with H4831sc, H1000, and IMR 7977. I was about to give up on the ELD's until I tried them with H4350. I didn't have confidence in the bullet, so I only loaded 5 rounds. To my surprise they grouped at roughly .7in. I'll sling some 10 shot groups of those at some point.

Further testing and shooting are needed to really confirm everything I've seen up to this point, but I would not hesitate to take this gun with any of the 3 bullets I mentioned and go still hunt whitetail in the woods right now.

This Tikka is by far my favorite rifle. Easy to shoot, easy to load for, accuracy and precision are acceptable for what I want.

Bfish22

Lil-Rokslider
IMG_4594.jpeg

Berger 108 elite hunter touching lands in my 8 twist factory tikka 243 is 2.860”. Still undecided wether I’ll leave it as is or rechamber to 6-284….

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
So I drive over to my FFL to pick up my new Tikka. I look at the end of the factory box where the model/serial # is etc and no mention of 1:8. I pull the rifle out and no 8 stamped on the barrel as others who have handled said there was (as posted w/ pics in this thread). I call the dealer I purchased it from, they are going to look into it, probably Tuesday at the earliest before I hear anything.

The gentleman I visited with was polite and good deal with (at least at this juncture), he doubled checked the website and it clearly said 1:8. My invoice also clearly states 1:8.

Soooo going to be a wee bit longer before I get one in my hands.

HrRGB1r.png

Anyways, point being, be aware there are plenty of 1:10" s still floating around.