Tikka 223 magazine

TX_Diver

WKR
You and me both, brother. I spent the dough for the Aussie mags, they’re worth it, but I’d like my functional MT mags before rat shooting in March.

P

I actually called again last week. They were at anodizing and supposed to be available by end of year.

I'm still not holding my breath though lol.

Picking up my new tikka .223 tomorrow. Question for the pros: I’ve got a waters 10 round 2.6” and some of the factory mags. Is there a dramatic benefit to loading them long? Got a bunch of 75gr bthp and lever to start. Is this primarily to shoot some of the longer bullets or are you guys seeing a benefit with the 70-80gr bullets too?

Lawnboi

WKR
Picking up my new tikka .223 tomorrow. Question for the pros: I’ve got a waters 10 round 2.6” and some of the factory mags. Is there a dramatic benefit to loading them long? Got a bunch of 75gr bthp and lever to start. Is this primarily to shoot some of the longer bullets or are you guys seeing a benefit with the 70-80gr bullets too?

Loading long on the 223 is particularly beneficial because most extruded powders will damn near fill it before pressuring out.

With the factory chamber you’re probably not going to be able to go much more than 2.4”.

The waters mags have been more reliable than factory for me as well. Factory 3 rounders closely follow.

Loading long on the 223 is particularly beneficial because most extruded powders will damn near fill it before pressuring out.

With the factory chamber you’re probably not going to be able to go much more than 2.4”.

The waters mags have been more reliable than factory for me as well. Factory 3 rounders closely follow.
My goal with this gun is cheap practice and easy loading. Ball powders thrown from my harrells. I don’t think case capacity will be an issue. I’ll see how reliability is with the factory mags I guess and go from there 👍🏻