Thunder Beast #2 for me

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Completely agree. If suppression is more important to you then size/weight, for me, it would be an easy choice and a new Magnus it would be.

I'd like to see TBAC make something like a 6.5-7 inch version of the Magnus. Maybe the Dominus and Magnus use the same technology core/baffle and in that case I guess they already make a shorter Magnus, but, if the Magnus uses a newer better design then the Dominus I'd be all over a 6.5-7 inch version of the Magnus. I know it doesn't seem like a lot on paper but my 6.5 can is a SAS Barricade that's about the same length as the Dominus (6.2 in.) and it is a very convenient length, I just wish it was a little quieter can like say a shorter Magnus would be.

Ya just gotta love the guys at TBAC! After typing the above I was curious about a couple things so I just got off the phone with them and TBAC will be coming out with a short and medium length version of the Magnus to be released at Shot Show this year. Couldn't give me specific lengths but it sounds like the mid length version will be somewhere around the 7 inch +/- range.
A shorter Magnus just makes this a harder decision, but choices are good. Did they mention anything about a Black Friday sale? 😎

• Haha
Reactions: B23
A shorter Magnus just makes this a harder decision, but choices are good. Did they mention anything about a Black Friday sale? 😎
SHOT Show isn't until late January and they wouldn't actually have them available until a bit after that I imagine.

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
I'm not sure the cost to recore from gen 1 to gen 2, but I had a mishap with my 338 ultra and shot a hole through it where there wasnt supposed to be a hole and they had it back to me in just a couple of weeks. 🤷‍♂️
$785 for mine to be recore. Their turn around time and CS has been top notch. I also had them fix my U9 after a baffle strike, but I blame that on Cooper.

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
SHOT Show isn't until late January and they wouldn't actually have them available until a bit after that I imagine.
Ah. I can’t wait that long (a personal problem). Maybe that’s my next one….

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
An ultra 7 will be quiet and balance better on those rifles. My U7 on my 3006 is stupid quiet, even compared to my 16” creedmoor.

A Magnus, on the end of a 24” barrel, is a lot. That said it’s probably not much more than your current U9 G1.

The 223 is a different animal and I find the small amount of powder suppresses very well with the ultra 7, enough that I notice the crack more than I notice the pop when swapping back and forth between the u7 and Magnus. Part of the reason I got another U7 is specifically for 223 use, in 6.5 cal.
You have now made a thought cross my mind - a U7 and a Magnus. It’s a long wait and it’s best to combine orders, right? 🧐

I was not aware. Now that expands my search, but I had only been considering a Hyperion if I went outside of TBAC.
If you're looking at the big cans for max suppression, the DD Enticer L-ti and OCL hydrogen L are a couple that are lighter/cheaper than magnus options that should perform well.

Geewhiz

WKR
If you're looking at the big cans for max suppression, the DD Enticer L-ti and OCL hydrogen L are a couple that are lighter/cheaper than magnus options that should perform well.
Dont mind me while I hijack this thread. Do you have experience with the enticer LTI? Man I want one but I keep hearing about significant FRP, the first round is the only one that matters.

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Dont mind me while I hijack this thread. Do you have experience with the enticer LTI? Man I want one but I keep hearing about significant FRP, the first round is the only one that matters.
No hijack at all. I welcome the additional info too.

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Thanks. I imagine it will be hard for me to stray from TBAC, but I will look into these.

I dont. I should further qualify that nobody should take suppressor advice from me as it's mostly just thoughts based on reading and what interests me in theory. I only have 1 ultra 7 in possession now.

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
In a rare instance of not having analysis paralysis, I just ordered the Magnus. Countdown begins.

EDIT - and if the same company had also had the Ultra 7 in 6.5, I think I would have bought it too.

Last edited:
In a rare instance of not having analysis paralysis, I just ordered the Magnus. Countdown begins.

EDIT - and if the same company had also had the Ultra 7 in 6.5, I think I would have bought it too.
If I had the money I'd be getting one too. Confident you'll love it from all the reports I've seen.

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
If I had the money I'd be getting one too. Confident you'll love it from all the reports I've seen.
Whether I should have ordered one is another matter. But it was on sale!

Now I have more variations that I can put on these and report back - POI shift and speed, but not decibels.

Sadler

WKR
Whether I should have ordered one is another matter. But it was on sale!

Now I have more variations that I can put on these and report back - POI shift and speed, but not decibels.
Where was it on sale? I’m thinking about buying one as well.