Thoughts on the Maven RS4 vs NF NX8, or Mark 5?

Trying to decide my next scope. I already have an NX 8. Trying to decide if I should try the Maven

OP
Wy_elk_hunter
Above 85% of any scopes magnification there's going to be some reduction of performance
I agree 100%, Is cameraland going to have any deals around thanksgiving? I will be buying a new scope and hopefully can get a decent deal around then...

I agree 100%, Is cameraland going to have any deals around thanksgiving? I will be buying a new scope and hopefully can get a decent deal around then...
Best to actually give them a call to see what they can do for you. Can be a great way to save some money especially on optics.

huntnful

WKR
I've had an NX8 4-32 and a Mark 5 5-25. They both tracked and RTZ perfectly, and other than that, the Mark 5 was superior in every aspect IMO. It is 1oz heavier and a decently bigger scope though.

Untamed

Lil-Rokslider
The clarity at max power with the NX8 could be better.

I also have trouble with clarity at max power on NX8 4-32. At 550 yards it was real blurry while making a shot on a buck. Maybe my eyes are going bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Untamed

Lil-Rokslider
Wanted to see if it had ticks. MOA wind holds on the F2 are 16 or 32.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also have MK 5 in 5-25 and a new NX8 4-32.

The NF does not seem to track as expected. When shooting and re-zeroing yesterday....my zero was off 2MOA low and left. That was after adding 9.25 MOA for a shot on a buck i did not take. Checked zero next day and was off. After making some changes to loads and wanting to sight in w out the muzzle brake....I needed 4 MOA of elevation. Impact gave me about 7.5 MOA. Overall it did NOT seem to track and dial in as I would have hoped for a $2000 optic. More shooting and testing for me. But it does not give me a warm and fuzzy when I am heading East to hunt Wednesday.

The Leupold is for certain brighter and more clear. The NF does not see very useable past 24X. The Leupy is bright and clear to the full 25X.

The push button zero lock on the Leupy is genius. Love it.

Clicks feel about the same on both optics.

I waited 30+ years to finally spend the cash on a NF. I am rather disappointed honestly.

I REALLY like illumination on FFP optics. I do wish Leupold didnt charge $350 or more for the upgrade.

I will be looking to add the little 3.8-18X Mk 5 when they come into stock again.

Bravo 4

FNG
I agree that on higher power the MK5 seems better optically. However 2 of my guys had their 3.6-18 MK5s fail on them during competition. Both scopes had parallax knob issues. One stopped focusing and the other fell off (not turret screw related). I had been running the same model MK5 for about a year and a half (very pleased) and was looking at another. However after their experience have been hesitant, even though I get a 50% discount.

Flyjunky

WKR
I agree that on higher power the MK5 seems better optically. However 2 of my guys had their 3.6-18 MK5s fail on them during competition. Both scopes had parallax knob issues. One stopped focusing and the other fell off (not turret screw related). I had been running the same model MK5 for about a year and a half (very pleased) and was looking at another. However after their experience have been hesitant, even though I get a 50% discount.
These are the experiences that are keeping me from getting a Mk5 3.8-18. I like everything that scope has to offer over the NX8 but the reliability is keeping me from buying one. I just can't understand why Leupold can't make these more bombproof? I'll take absolute reliability over everything else and I really wish I could say that about Leupold.