Thoughts on the Maven RS4 vs NF NX8, or Mark 5?

OP
Wy_elk_hunter
I concur, that is why I’ve kept my NXS as it is the only scope I’ve had that I fully trust. I’m more of a mil/mil FFP guy and it is moa/moa SFP. I have had more scopes fail than most guys could imagine, mostly Leupold (have used a lot of them personally and professionally). When we get the MK5s issued to us then I can really get a bearing on how durable they are. I will have several dozen and they will get used more in a 6 month period than most will see in a lifetime. That’s when I’ll potentially know where my money will go. I may be retired by then but still have access to the info, it’ll just be more second hand.
Great info. Thanks man.

I have a love hate thing with the mrk5’s. I’m not a huge nx8 fan. Back to the mark5’s. I think everything about them is great. I have 6 of them. 4 of the 5-25 and 2 of the 3.6-18. I use them pretty hard and regularly but had a failure on one of the 3.6-18. Parallax/tracking issues. This is my only issue but it does bug me. I’m not leaving them yet but time will tell. I’ve had most of them for 2-3 years.

mark 5.png

And I accidentally bumped a similar old thread to this one. The OP in that one mentioned issues with his Mk5 too.