This turned out much different than he planned

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneaky

"DADDY"
He's got a YouTube channel, some of it some pretty good footage. He's named in a lawsuit right now in Stanley by the Boren guy who built his own air strip on his property. Mr Conti is becoming pretty well known for the wrong reasons.

Last edited:

Sherman

WKR
🤣 He set up his camera to take a photo of himself crouching and looking at his InReach with a caption of “S.O.S.” and posted it on his FB page. 🤣

What a clown. I wonder if he posted that while he was still out there? Had reception? Waited until he got back to post? Good thing he had enough wits about him to document his S.O.S. for all of social media to see.

Superdoo

WKR
The comments are filled with people apologizing for the way he was treated.
They honestly all feel like he should have gotten his helicopter.

Travis907

WKR
They should of used the helicopter and dropped him a couple bottles of water and let him trek the last 1/2 mile out. That would of made a better story!

OP
Customweld
There sure are a lot of dumb people out there. Idaho County is as big as Connecticut, Delaware and Rhode Island combined. ICSO probably has less than a dozen officers, 2 of which had to drive half way across the state to rescue this clown. Talk about a silly waste of resources. I hope he was charged the full amount and laughed at all the way back to the snow machines.

I used to live in a spot in Washington where SAR was pretty much activated all summer long, and every weekend during the winter. I guess that’s why is a a volunteer program or they be bankrupted by stupid people. They’d even rescue dogs the people drug up the mountain and wouldn’t come down.
In my time on a SAR team we rescued a LOT of dogs. People would leave their St. Bernard or Great Dane or something in their apartment all week, then try to hit a 5 mile trail with a couple thousand feet of elevation with the pooch for the weekend. The dogs were so out of shape, they crapped out on the ascent and many times, we took them out on a wheeled stokes basket.

I felt better doing those dog evacs than the dummy evacs where someone did something really stupid, or didn't have the sense to stop when things started getting bad.

We fought pretty hard to keep the state from charging for rescues, with the mindset that fear of financial responsibility would delay a call for help and reduce odds of a successful rescue. Guys like this youtuber make me reconsider that position.

Echoing what's mentioned. 4 days to get 7 miles, has a 50# pack for 5 days?, Ill equipt without very basic Equipment, the puffy round the waist, freeze dried food, lack of water..telling officers it'll take 2 days to go a hop and a skip away..

Dude should be charged and the video submitted as evidence and used in future training sessions for how to control anger during a rescue for SAR team members

Status
Not open for further replies.