This turned out much different than he planned

Status
Not open for further replies.
A perfect reason to carry an In-Reach. Upon further evaluation, I would venture to say that he wanted to have some dramatic rescue on the lake with a helicopter. I hope he is charged full price for rescue. The ICSO deputies seemed to have be having a good chuckle!
Thread title edited.

Last edited:
That lake was on my list for this summer, but ran out of time...

So was he just too tired to hike out to the road when they told him to or confused/panicked??
I have seen snow (even just 3ft) that took so much time and energy you could find your self in a bad way trying to get out, but the deputies snowshoed in there and back out? Maybe just being able to break trail downhill was enough to make getting out possible?

t_carlson

WKR
I wonder if he will make a Youtube video about it haha
Guaranteed. In fact, I almost wonder if he concocted the rescue just for that purpose.

There was a guy about a decade ago hitchhiking across the country. He was going to write a book about it when he was done. Around Glasgow, Montana, someone pulled over to offer him a ride and shot him, or at least that was his story.

Then deputies found a pistol registered to him (or a family member) that had been tossed out into the field. Said evidence prompted a full confession.

But back to this guy...I loved this part:

...Dispatch continued to get responses from him stating “What are you talking about?”, “I feel like I should wait at this lake,” “I need someone to come get me at this lake, that’s why I called for a rescue.”

A release from the ICSO states that Conti was then urged to get to the 362 Road and to go slow and steady and take his time as there were no alternative options. Conti advised he wanted a helicopter because walking out was impossible as there was five feet of snow, and the trail was gone.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Am I correct that that is a picture of him in the background behind S&R members. Looks like someone suffering from self induce panic attack.

So where exactly is the emergency?.. Sounds like he was well prepared but lacked the navigation/self sufficiency skills. Pretty embarrassing.

ODB

WKR
Fact: if you walked into 5’ of snow you can walk out of 5’ of snow.

They need to investigate. Especially when he tries to parley this into fame, etc.

Those officers are awesome for getting those pics clearly showing him in good shape able to hike out under his own power. They weren't even wearing jackets!

Status
Not open for further replies.