This is your guide. How much do you tip?

Gobbler

FNG
I found this short Bio:

Luke Randall​

Professional Hunter/Guide/Fisherman​

Starting at a very young age my father who was a former sniper in the army and professional hunter/guide taught me a tremendous amount about shooting at close and far range. At the age of 5, I shot my first deer and from that moment on I had a gun or fishing pole with me if not both. At the age of 19 I headed into the Bearing Sea Crabbing for 3 winters and then started focusing my time on my family’s lodge. Being a hunter and guide my entire life in Alaska has allowed me to harvest thousands of animals and have several close calls with dangerous game and hunters.

Living a blessed life by growing up in the lodge industry, and being able to teach hundreds of people how to properly use and shoot a firearm has allowed me to know the importance of being able to place a shot quickly and accurately every time, as it could mean more than your pride. When you’re dealing with animals that will hunt you back, you have to be able to point and shoot on pure instinct.

bbell

WKR
That was an amazing video. The fact that he didn’t shoot the bear sooner is a testament him. Looked way to close when he came up that bank! That glock 20 I’ve been wanting seems pretty small after that video

I’d tip him everything I could afford. On a separate note; as a bow hunter I feel like I’d be dissatisfied with the result of that hunt (other than not being mauled to death).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
After two shit shots (at close range), the shooter has nothing to complain about.

OG10

FNG
That was awsome, once passed on a black bear at 7 yards, hunting solo just for this reason, that guide deserves as much of a tip as the client can afford...for life.

300wmxcr2

FNG
The thing that gets me is the hunters comment" well we got him" I'm thinking it should have been " thanks you, you just saved my life, I screwed up 2 shots but you fixed it"
I understand that not everyone can stay calm and steady in these situations, even a hunter with an animal that close but without the guides remaining calm and ability to make that shot the hunter and "camera guy" would have almost certainly have died on the beach.
The hunter owes his life to the guide one this one.

OP
Where's Bruce?
After two shit shots (at close range), the shooter has nothing to complain about.

I believe you misread Gearqueer's comment. He's saying if he were that bow hunter, he'd be disappointed in his personal performance and having placed all three men in a life-threatening situation. That he'd be disappointed in himself and not feel good about it. I still would have had the bear mounted but I would have had the taxi take it to Luke the PH.

There is nothing like bowhunting the big bears! You don't know how you'll react until you do it. And the guide did a great job of doing his job on this hunt....the .375 was certainly necessary.

Pathfinder27

Lil-Rokslider
I dunno, how much is your life insurance policy because that's what he saved that hunter from. Insane but thank god that guide was Johnny on the spot!

sniper61

Lil-Rokslider
Unsure of the 1st shot. i think it hit him low in the chest. The 2nd shot was right where you would put it. when his shoulder came back it broke the shaft . The go pro cam shows that it was in there. If you want them to drop at the shot use a large rifle and all your luck. If the bear hadn't seen or smelled them they would have watched him go down. No need to blame anyone. I have to thank the cam man , i would have dropped it.

Aaron.F

FNG
Crazy video!, that is a huge bear. I give all 3 credit for basically staying calm that close, I couldn't do it. Bowhunting bears on the ground up close is risky business.