Thinking bout moving / upgrading scopes, what to keep

Remington92

Lil-Rokslider
Starting to get a stash of unused scopes and thinking bout rearranging and selling off a few and trying to decide on what to keep and what to sell. I know leupolds aren’t well liked on this forum so hopefully that doesn’t bias things too bad but here goes.

Nikons
Monarch 3-12
Monarch 3 4-16

Leupold
Vx3i 4.5-14x40 b&c
Vx2 3-9
Vx1 3-9
VxL 4.5-14x56 b&c sf
Vx-iii 3.5-10

I’m thinking I’ll keeps the vxL just cause I always thought those were slick back in the day and it’ll look good on my 700 bdl. (It currently has the 4.5-14x50 on it)

Overall I haven’t had great luck with leupolds in general but don’t know if the monarchs are really any better. Or if I should just continue to rotate them all over to trijicons or equivalent.

ArcherAnthony

Lil-Rokslider
I would keep the Leupolds over the Nikons. I have 3 Leupolds and have no issues with them. I would definitely keep both the vx3 and the vxl you like.

I would consider keeping the older leupold, in VX-2 and VX-III.

If the Nikon are Japan made, I would consider those also.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
What are you using the scopes for and how much?
What guns are you shooting them on?

I can’t shoot that many guns!

TN2shot07

WKR
I may be interested in the vx2 if you decide to move it, let me know.

I got away from Nikon as soon as they got out of the scope business. They will still give you credit towards a new purchase but it won’t be a scope.

Starting to get a stash of unused scopes and thinking bout rearranging and selling off a few and trying to decide on what to keep and what to sell. I know leupolds aren’t well liked on this forum so hopefully that doesn’t bias things too bad but here goes.

Nikons
Monarch 3-12
Monarch 3 4-16

Leupold
Vx3i 4.5-14x40 b&c
Vx2 3-9
Vx1 3-9
VxL 4.5-14x56 b&c sf
Vx-iii 3.5-10

I’m thinking I’ll keeps the vxL just cause I always thought those were slick back in the day and it’ll look good on my 700 bdl. (It currently has the 4.5-14x50 on it)

Overall I haven’t had great luck with leupolds in general but don’t know if the monarchs are really any better. Or if I should just continue to rotate them all over to trijicons or equivalent.
I like both nikon and leupold alot. I'd probably start by ditching the lower end leupolds. That being said ifnyou are gonna sell some scopes let me know what your getting rid of.

OlPappyB

FNG
I agree with the other about keeping your Leupolds and getting rid of your Nikons

OP
R

Remington92

Lil-Rokslider
What are you using the scopes for and how much?
What guns are you shooting them on?

I can’t shoot that many guns!
The 4.5-14x44 is currently on my backup hunting rifle a bdl 7mm rem mag but thinking it’ll get the vxL

vx-iii is on a browning bar 7 rem mag that doesn’t get shot at all hardly anymore.

Monarch 3-12 is on a M1a ebr clone but I’d like to put something like an Swfa 6x or 10x on that rifle.

The rest are all just sitting in a drawer in case I pickup a rifle that needs a scope short term.

My truck gun is a savage 243 and it’s got a $100 sig 3-9 that I’d like to upgrade. However I’ve been extremely shocked and impressed how reliable that scope has been beating down gravel year round based on how form kills scopes just riding in his pickup.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I would leave the Monarch on the rifle you don’t shoot much. It’s a decent scope.

I would put the scope you already have and like the most on the Bar you don’t shoot.

I would sell all the others and buy the very best scope you can afford.

Don’t spread your money thin, get good gear. Scopes in the drawer aren’t doing you any good.