Things to see and do in SW Montana

Headed out to SW Montana for the first 2 weeks of July with the fifth wheel. We've got a few nights booked at the KOA in Big Timber over the 4th and a few nights around Big Sky in a forest service campground, kind of winging it after that. Our group consists of my wife, 3 1/2 year old son, and new puppy, Possibly another couple with young children. I've been around Big Timber a little, probably planning to drive up to the Crazy Mountains and poke around and down into the Absarokee's, I've never been down the Gallatin Gateway or around Big Sky. Some of this trip will be doing double duty to get the lay of the land for archery elk this fall, but its 70% family vacation. Looking to poke around from Big Timber to Big Sky, West Yellowstone, to Dillon in the end.
The big question is are there any must see's you'd recommend? Not really the Yellowstone stuff, more off the beaten path. Looking for stuff like the ringing rocks, natural bridge, rodeos, cool lakes, drives, hikes, ghost towns, mines, etc. Thinking about renting a side by side out of west Yellowstone or Dillon for a day.
Any suggestions, I'm all ears (not looking for your honey hole ;))