Thermal Setup

one thing most people will say is get a really good scanner, and use whatever is left on the scope

your scanner will be what you're using 95% of the time.

I personally prefer to go with as wide of an FOV as possible for the scanner, and then go narrower with the scope. Pulsar is my brand of choice.

their older models had better FOV options, but I have a Telos XP50 now and the detail is incredible

I'm running a budget thor 4 640 4-40x, with that said I didn't have much room to buy a scanner so I just set my tripod up a little higher and swing the gun most of the night. For what it's worth I have a buddy with a taipan and it works for the most part up to about 250ish yards, he'll call it out and I'll just confirm what's out there.

TxLite

WKR
Any idea on the battery life for the Hogster? I know they claim up to 4 hours, but I doubt it lasts that long with continuous use.
I use the Hogster 35 as my primary thermal. I have an external battery pack attached to the stock and a short usb C wire that runs from a rechargeable 20,000mah battery pack to the scope. It lasts me several hunts and hardly ever needs to be charged. I didn’t have great luck with the replaceable batteries. They had short service life and overall I wasn’t impressed with them.
IMG_6731.jpeg

Hunter243

FNG
I'm using the Infiray Tube TS60 in the UK and what a scope it is, full HD resolution thermal image, incredible eye display too. Things have came a long way, with thermal.