The Tale of the Happy Javelina, By Alan Crowe

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
cover1.jpg

Alan Crowe (@StonzAZ) has been an underground miner, journeyman carpenter, high school teacher, certified paralegal, and now a freelance writer from southern Arizona. His writings have been published in Cowboy Poetry Press Anthology "Unbridled," High Country News "Writers on the Range," and local Tucson print media. Covering a wide range of topics from the outdoors and history to the arts and sciences, the University of Arizona grad draws from a wide variety of experiences he has collected in a half-century exploring the back roads of Arizona and the American West.

Please welcome Alan and check out his exciting story from a javelina hunt.

The-Happy-Javelina.jpg

The Tale of the Happy Javelina

StonzAZ

FNG
Thanks, guys. Javelina are interesting critters and fun to hunt, especially with a handgun or bow. This is the perfect hunt for young or inexperienced hunters, and combined with the beautiful February weather in Arizona, makes a perfect winter adventure for the family.

Nice writeup.

On the other hand, since I’ve still gotta draw a javelina tag and the odds are decent for now, I’m unamused by a FNG going a step beyond naming a unit and naming a drainage.

StonzAZ

FNG
Nice writeup.

On the other hand, since I’ve still gotta draw a javelina tag and the odds are decent for now, I’m unamused by a FNG going a step beyond naming a unit and naming a drainage.
My apologies for being too specific, I was unaware of the protocol when I wrote this piece. Glad to see we have FAHs to keep us FNGs in line. Good luck on your draw.

My apologies for being too specific, I was unaware of the protocol when I wrote this piece. Glad to see we have FAHs to keep us FNGs in line. Good luck on your draw.
:ROFLMAO: I'm alright being a FAH in this case. I don't fault you in this, I personally thought RS staff would have reviewed and removed such a mention prior to publishing.

Good luck to you as well, maybe our paths will cross out in the desert!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
:ROFLMAO: I'm alright being a FAH in this case. I don't fault you in this, I personally thought RS staff would have reviewed and removed such a mention prior to publishing.

Good luck to you as well, maybe our paths will cross out in the desert!
we did and just forgot. The homepage and forum are two different animals and I wasn't thinking about that. I will go in and fix that now.

Good article @StonzAZ

Last edited: