The Shoot2hunt Podcast

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
This could be a decent one. Thank you.

That’s needs visual to go with it. There is something coming for that.

Saw you posted some T1X groups. How about a segment on how and when to utilize a .22lr for practice? What translates, what doesn’t.

Once thing we breezed over was zeroing a .22 lr at 40 yards, I think I know based on 100 yard zero discussion for center fire, but I’m extrapolating. Currently mine is zeroed at 50 and checks out to 300 yards more or less.

How about something on shot placement? When/if high shoulder shot is appropriate/preferred. Considerations when shooting mono/leadfree and if that changes placement.
This would be a good one. Would also include what you’ve seen different bullets actually do on hard quartering shots and steep angle shots that people so often think you need a bonded or mono bullet to be lethal on.

Subjects. I am not a content generator and am not going to do them just to do so. FF’s (stupid name), are short technical talks, and the amount of subjects that fit are limited. If you, or someone else has an idea of what would make sense, let me know.
Would like to see a podcast with photo/video demonstration on some consistent standards for field autopsy to help "prove" effectiveness of various cartridges and bullet construction. Locked thread to support standards and report. Where the 223 thread goes wrong in my opinion only, is that there is still to much theory crafting and very small ins size "big game" animals to support. Let's keep a thread that has strict control on content to evidence effectiveness or ineffectiveness of given cartridge/bullet combinations. I would be happy to volunteer managing the content as I can support.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Would like to see a podcast with photo/video demonstration on some consistent standards for field autopsy to help "prove" effectiveness of various cartridges and bullet construction. Locked thread to support standards and report. Where the 223 thread goes wrong in my opinion only, is that there is still to much theory crafting and very small ins size "big game" animals to support. Let's keep a thread that has strict control on content to evidence effectiveness or ineffectiveness of given cartridge/bullet combinations. I would be happy to volunteer managing the content as I can support.

What does “very small ins size big game animals to support” mean?

I bookmarked the cheat sheet page to help with flipping through the photos. But yeah, a strictly necropsy photo thread with required information like bullet and impact velocity would be pretty sweet.

fwafwow

WKR
How about "Logic and Reason vs. Illogical Debate Techniques" subtitled "Including Real World Examples"?

What does “very small ins size big game animals to support” mean?
Tiny deer that appear about same size as house dog. To be clear - I am not stating there is a significant difference in terminal performance between shooting a yearling doe, and a mature bull elk with the same cartridge/bullet combination. The argument does come up often though that they are not the same.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Tiny deer that appear about same size as house dog. To be clear - I am not stating there is a significant difference in terminal performance between shooting a yearling doe, and a mature bull elk with the same cartridge/bullet combination. The argument does come up often though that they are not the same.

I’m confused- there are at least 30-40 elk alone in that thread.

I’m confused- there are at least 30-40 elk alone in that thread.
There must have been some additional contributions since I last read it which was over a year ago. This was the typical post initially in some respect. Rifle/bullet, maybe a range. It died and perhaps a photo. Your posts generally included the tissue damage and more specific details like number of shots, distance animal travelled etc. If you feel the 223 thread already accomplishes what I am suggesting as an idea for a podcast then that's all good. I do think that it would help better illustrate terminal performance.

There must have been some additional contributions since I last read it which was over a year ago. This was the typical post initially in some respect. Rifle/bullet, maybe a range. It died and perhaps a photo. Your posts generally included the tissue damage and more specific details like number of shots, distance animal travelled etc. If you feel the 223 thread already accomplishes what I am suggesting as an idea for a podcast then that's all good. I do think that it would help better illustrate terminal performance.
There were at least 4 elk and a moose posted in 2020.

carter33

WKR
Subjects. I am not a content generator and am not going to do them just to do so. FF’s (stupid name), are short technical talks, and the amount of subjects that fit are limited. If you, or someone else has an idea of what would make sense, let me know.
While doing some research into Staccato 2011s I noticed you had previously shared some thoughts on them. I would be very interested in a podcast on pistol reliability, some of the common issues and some of the brands that stick out as the most reliable as well as accurate. Could perhaps venture into the pistol for bear defense debate in the same podcast as well.

Dave_S

Lil-Rokslider
While doing some research into Staccato 2011s I noticed you had previously shared some thoughts on them. I would be very interested in a podcast on pistol reliability, some of the common issues and some of the brands that stick out as the most reliable as well as accurate. Could perhaps venture into the pistol for bear defense debate in the same podcast as well.
FF. Episode 6 covers bear defense pistols