The Shoot2hunt Podcast

I think they learned a lesson on the first Rok product with early marketing and pre-sale, lol. I'm interested to see how it plays out, it may not be revolutionary but they seem to be pretty successful with finding ways to make things more functionally appealing. Which sucks because it damn near gets me every time.. :LOL:
Agreed, I was joking about the pre-sale. They already said "never again" on the podcast.

I remember them saying @Formidilosus advised them against doing a pre-sale...

I’m betting on “E” because Idaho.

In terms of attention, I just don’t know that it will bring anything truly revolutionary or “Rokslide targeted” to the market. Don’t see it as a 77gr TMK, Rokstock, or RS1.2 type of product. And it’s only barely been mentioned.

Looking forward to more details for sure though. Think they’ll do a pre-sale?? Haha
I’d be more willing to bet that it is a pack that begins with an “S”. I know that the boys at S2H have a relationship with S and have built a rifle for such.

Sadler

WKR
This last podcast seems to be a partial upload. Was long enough to talk about the human centipede but cut off when Rob started talking about the new bipod.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
What happened to the Form Friday podcasts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Subjects. I am not a content generator and am not going to do them just to do so. FF’s (stupid name), are short technical talks, and the amount of subjects that fit are limited. If you, or someone else has an idea of what would make sense, let me know.

WKR
Subjects. I am not a content generator and am not going to do them just to do so. FF’s (stupid name), are short technical talks, and the amount of subjects that fit are limited. If you, or someone else has an idea of what would make sense, let me know.
What about effective shooter/spotter communication? Something about roles/language/process that people don't know? Might be common sense to many, but I'll bet there's more to it. Personally, I know nothing and it's pretty comical when we do it on a prairie dog hunts.

Grundy53

WKR
Maybe describe good shooting form. So those of us that are self taught. So I don't have to guess. Lol

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
What about effective shooter/spotter communication? Something about roles/language/process that people don't know? Might be common sense to many, but I'll bet there's more to it. Personally, I know nothing and it's pretty comical when we do it on a prairie dog hunts.

This could be a decent one. Thank you.

Maybe describe good shooting form. So those of us that are self taught. So I don't have to guess. Lol

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

That’s needs visual to go with it. There is something coming for that.

Agree. Descriptions of proper prone, sitting, kneeling, and offhand positions with supporting visuals would be awesome. The importance of how many and location of contact/brace points on your body and the rifle would also be super. Dad taught me and my brothers what the army taught him back in the day (I'm 49) and hearing the most modern/effective approaches would be awesome.

Shhh, I submitted a speak pipe on that. Need me some rings!

Dave_S

Lil-Rokslider
While I suspect the answer may be that something is already in the works, a Friday episode on making wind calls: using wind brackets, determining wind values, considerations for wind over broken terrain, etc would be pretty sweet. Also, and I know it's been addressed in forum posts, but an episode on effective training/range time might be interesting.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I just found out about these videos this morning. I've since watched a few of them. Very informative! I'm listening to "field rests other than prone" right now and I'm freaking out at how accurate this is, it's like you're inside my brain or we've hunted together before haha! This video should have 1,000,000 views (not for the sake of social influence at all, whatever that really even means) and everyone should apply it!

Not sure how many topics have been covered, but a few things come to mind that I've seen most hunters struggle with...

.Taking too long to get a shot off at an animal. More good bucks and bulls have been missed because of this than anything else I have seen (even more than missed/bad shots). Whether it's the shooting position, dicking around with front and rear "rests", or punching numbers into some ballistics app, folks are taking way too long to shoot. What would be the most effective way to handle the shot process, from... "I see an animal I want to kill" to "shot taken". Obviously this depends on yardage, terrain, wind, etc. but it would be cool to see a basic "recipe for success" for folks learning to get that shot off quicker in mountainous country.

.Racking another round into the chamber while not losing the animal in their scope (this one may need video to help though). I've seen COUNTLESS hunters pull their head up over their scope to watch the animal, completely break position, and never even chamber a second round until I'm basically screaming at them to get ready again. Whether it's a hit or a miss, what can they practice at home or at "the range" to help them break this terrible habit?

Those would be two that I think folks would get a lot out of, sorry if they've already been addressed I'm still working my way through these videos.

Thanks for the "content" I'm eating this up.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Excellent topic!

Understood.

Could it be similar topics that you would really drill in on at S2HU?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

texag10

WKR
What should practice look like once someone is doing well on the timed test outlined in form's practice thread.

Drenalin

WKR.
Fishnets, fugly stocks, rifle and scope “abuse”, etc, etc…you may not see yourself as a content generator, but to some you’re a content goldmine. But absolutely, no reason to talk through a mic just for the sake of talking.

Have RF Bino’s been covered? Would be interesting to discuss that vs say the Sig stabilizing bino’s if you’ve had any experience with them.

Personally I think the Sig stabilizing bino’s are neat but not worth the hype.