The Shoot2hunt Podcast

amassi

WKR
Form, would you expand on your thoughts of lead contaminating meat? You touched on it very briefly on the podcast. I have switched to mono bullets lately because I have a young family and reducing lead intake, but if your saying it’s not an issue I would believe it.

I have some 156 eol’s I’m thinking about using for elk.

Also, if this has already been addressed by Form,,could someone send me a link?

Many thanks!

Quite a bit
There is a 7-08 thread that ran away and turned into a lead debate.

Lead shot meat is an emotional plea from bird lovers (hawks, eagles, CONDORS)
The push and benefactors are raptor lovers
Condors we’re used as the great white buffalo that needed to be protected at all cost. The loudest proponents are bird lovers and gun control lovers. Look at the CA model- protect the functionally extinct condor in their designated range by removing lead projectiles, expand that range to the entire state once the emotional attachment to birds is established despite record high levels of hawks and eagles post westward expansion. It turned into a gun control tool pretty quickly.

Scientists can’t ethically design a study to determine its human effects( the test group would intentionally be fed lead which you would be trying to prove is poison)

the studies used to vilify lead bullets are cherry picked population studies on groups who ate “a lot of lead shot meat.” What they didn’t account for was environmental lead exposure - paint, gasoline, manufacturing, fish, water. Further they didn’t define an amount of lead shot meat.

What we do know is lead fumes are bad for humans, that’s why leaded gas is gone and lead in paint. Both of those entered your blood by inhalation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fwafwow

WKR
All I know is that Form has lousy taste in shorts. We agree on a lot of things related to shooting and gear but not the proper length of men's shorts.

I think that's why he and Ryan get along so well. Ryan usually doesn't have pants on at all and Form loves his short shorts.
shortshorts-joe-swanson.gif

ElPollo

WKR
Form, would you expand on your thoughts of lead contaminating meat? You touched on it very briefly on the podcast. I have switched to mono bullets lately because I have a young family and reducing lead intake, but if your saying it’s not an issue I would believe it.

I have some 156 eol’s I’m thinking about using for elk.

Also, if this has already been addressed by Form,,could someone send me a link?

Many thanks!
Not Form or a fan of Daisy Duke shorts for myself or other men. Go team shrants!

However, take a look at Jim Heffelfinger’s article from a few years back on the lead in game meat issue.

I respect Jim a ton and think he did well with this. There are documented issues with lead in gut piles impacting scavenging raptors and corvids but not so much with mammals. There is no documented information on lead in game meat affecting humans. The people who did the original work on that issue really had no basic knowledge of how bullets work.

Grant76

FNG
Could we have Form on to discuss more gear (packs, things we may find in his pack, clothing, etc.) that "suck less" ? And of course more on becoming a shootist. Keep up the great work guys.

amassi

WKR
Not the bull Form is talking about but here is a tank of a bull Chris shot a few years back. Good times in wild places! Chris tried to kill us on the drive in:)

54e3a4002b27e419f13ba27fd6d12cd1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What a beast
He was probably just trying to get you excited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Could we have Form on to discuss more gear (packs, things we may find in his pack, clothing, etc.) that "suck less" ? And of course more on becoming a shootist. Keep up the great work guys.
Don't do it. It will just cost you money.........alot.💰💰

Randy

SirChooCH

Lil-Rokslider
1695384953721.png

I just put 2 and 2 together the elk shot at 803 yards with a .223 was posted in the Trijicon Tenmile review

Grant76

FNG
Don't do it. It will just cost you money.........alot.💰💰

Randy
It would be for my kids, to just transfer the knowledge to save them money in the future... Also Randy you were original for me and my brothers spending some money watching you chase elk