The Shoot2hunt Podcast

Dobermann

WKR
I mean he did mention the 3 brands he’d recommend to someone looking for a reliable hunting scope. A perfect way to let people know which ones don’t work… by leaving them out. I enjoyed the podcast.
Almost, but not quite ... if you read Form's posts here carefully, you'll find that there are 3-4 other scopes he has also found to be fairly reliable.

fwafwow

WKR
Couple really good podcasts lately but why is forms voice changed? Is he a secret government employee? I can't be the only one that noticed his voice change a couple times very quickly

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
I just kept picturing him having a bit of indigestion and talking while trying not to belch.

woods89

WKR
It doesn't matter to YOU. It's a pretty simple question.
He seems to be a wealth of knowledge. I'm sure more than just I alone would like to know more about him and how he is/was able to shoot so many rounds per year and how he got into killing/culling animals.

YOU can focus on the content.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I assume he has good reasons for keeping his identity under wraps. Any doubts I had about the veracity of his expertise went away when I realized that there were a few gentlemen on this site that knew him personally. Those gentlemen have character, and I trust if something was amiss they wouldn't be friends.

I have a customer that for legitimate reasons has gone to certain lengths to make himself hard to find. It's a thing.

Like the poster above, I'd advise focusing on the content. It's possible that a person or two who can't leave it at that might deprive the greater community of a really good resource.

Last edited:

Gorp2007

WKR
I just pictured him as the dude, talking about terminal ballistics and scope performance while wearing a robe and drinking a white Russian. I even read his posts that way now.

Form whenever someone starts talking about "I think, I feel, I believe."

afdbcb2b53605fe96855c19fc85b6159.jpg

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
My theory, Form is a pro shooter employed/sponsored by Leupold or Vortex. They provide all the ammo and take none of the feedback.

Joking by the way.

Methods check out when tested. 140eldm was employed this am, friend shooting my rifle took a doe. As it relates to the podcast, doe flat dropped at the shot, told my buddy to reload and be ready for her to pop up. Taking a second to think about it, realized ass end dropped slightly quicker. Spine shot just as described.

Conrad

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone nose ringed any Bergers, particularly the LRHTs? Strictly for terminal effect. Or is that a bad idea?

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Form may very well be be the dread pirate roberts of hunting forums. So long as the advice remains solid and the claims are repeatable during independent testing, I'm OK with that.

Agreed.
What his name is and what his voice sounds like and what he does to feed his family is not relevant information.

Thats always the last resort of someone losing an arguement that they are having with them selves is attack the person that made them think. Character assassination is usually the last resort.

WKR
Agreed.
What his name is and what his voice sounds like and what he does to feed his family is not relevant information.

Thats always the last resort of someone losing an arguement that they are having with them selves is attack the person that made them think. Character assassination is usually the last resort.
Well, I definitely meant no disrespect. I've learned a boat-load in the <1 year I've been on here, and most of it is from that guy. I've changed a lot of my gear and my approach and I'm better for it. The podcasts were really good in helping me see his points on a few things I was still resisting.

I really appreciate people who set out to see where they might be wrong. I'm trying to be better at that but it's not always easy.

Came across this podcast the other day. Wasn't expecting much as everyone seems to have a podcast and they all vary in quality. I really enjoyed the couple I listened to and was impressed with the technical knowledge. You guys know your stuff. Good podcast that I will continue to listen to.

RussDXT

WKR
Form, would you expand on your thoughts of lead contaminating meat? You touched on it very briefly on the podcast. I have switched to mono bullets lately because I have a young family and reducing lead intake, but if your saying it’s not an issue I would believe it.

I have some 156 eol’s I’m thinking about using for elk.

Also, if this has already been addressed by Form,,could someone send me a link?

Many thanks!

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Form, would you expand on your thoughts of lead contaminating meat? You touched on it very briefly on the podcast. I have switched to mono bullets lately because I have a young family and reducing lead intake, but if your saying it’s not an issue I would believe it.

I have been down this rabbit hole deeply since the inception- it started with raptors, btw. It has not shown to be an issue at all. The entire “push” about lead in meat being harmful to humans is a red herring from almost every angle.

The short answer is that when considering other risk factors, there is has been zero correlation shown in any legit medical study between consuming meat shot with lead and elevated levels in the blood or bones.