The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Printing is going to pump everything for a while, then inflation or worse stagflation. Cycle repeats.

The question is, do we see more cuts coming before the end of the year? Maybe another 50 points in total?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
The question is, do we see more cuts coming before the end of the year? Maybe another 50 points in total?

I would highly doubt we see another 50 points in cuts before 2025. Would be nice in ways but I doubt it.

I just need 3% mortgage rates so I can refinance. I am going to miss making 5 plus percent in HYSA and Tbills though. That was easy money.

2531usmc

WKR
Printing is going to pump everything for a while, then inflation or worse stagflation. Cycle repeats.

Yeah, what to do?

Market is at all time highs and a 50% haircut is not out of the question. But you have to be in equities long term to protect yourself from the debt tsunami you know is coming.

Conversely, if you hold in cash to protect from a market crash, you lose 5 to 7% a year to inflation.

CorbLand

WKR
Anyone jumping into REITs?
I bought into MPW that I posted about a few months back. Long term hold for me. If they can get back to their stock price and dividend they had a couple years ago, I will make more a year in dividends than my initial investment.

Most of DOLE 's USA imports come through east coast and gulf ports.

Many companies affected by the port strike will have their inventories depleted followed by pent up demand that will be satisfied after supply chains resume.

Fresh produce will incur losses. If the strike goes on for a week or more, DOLE should drop into an attractive price point for a long recovery gain.

Marshfly

WKR
Most of DOLE 's USA imports come through east coast and gulf ports.

Many companies affected by the port strike will have their inventories depleted followed by pent up demand that will be satisfied after supply chains resume.

Fresh produce will incur losses. If the strike goes on for a week or more, DOLE should drop into an attractive price point for a long recovery gain.
That sounds like something right out of the Dumb Money playbook. (Look it up. It's a compliment.)

Great arbitrage idea. I like it. Even better to sweeten the pot would be to go long puts a month out to capitalize on that drop.

That sounds like something right out of the Dumb Money playbook. (Look it up. It's a compliment.)

Great arbitrage idea. I like it. Even better to sweeten the pot would be to go long puts a month out to capitalize on that drop.
I'll have to take your word for it. All that's coming up is stuff about the wallstreetbets movie.

I don't do options. Just like to use black swan events to get attractive entry prices in good companies.

Marshfly

WKR
I'll have to take your word for it. All that's coming up is stuff about the wallstreetbets movie.

I don't do options. Just like to use black swan events to get attractive entry prices in good companies.