The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

TX_Diver

WKR
Wife finally got into her 401k from when she stopped working about 6 years ago. Think it’s mostly in vwenx currently. I’m not sure if it’s all in a standard 401k or a Roth. It might be split between the 2.

What is the consensus on what to do with it? I think my 401k will likely carry us ok in retirement (still 20+ years til I can draw it). I’d like to improve my non 401k investments that can be accessed without penalty before I’m 59, and we’d also like to build a house on a little land we bought years ago. The money would pay for maybe 15% of a house though after paying taxes and fees so that’s probably not viable.

Keeping it invested I understand there’s a few different types of rollovers we can do? Do any let us draw the money with any kind of tax advantage (and no penalties) before 59?

Also since I’m sure it’ll be suggested…. It at least crossed my mind to just put it all in btc 😂

If anyone is a planner and wants to chat I’m not entirely opposed to going beyond free advice on the internet either. I don’t want to get into someone else managing it, but would be interested in talking actual options and scenarios.

ThorM465

WKR
Classified Approved
Wife finally got into her 401k from when she stopped working about 6 years ago. Think it’s mostly in vwenx currently. I’m not sure if it’s all in a standard 401k or a Roth. It might be split between the 2.

What is the consensus on what to do with it? I think my 401k will likely carry us ok in retirement (still 20+ years til I can draw it). I’d like to improve my non 401k investments that can be accessed without penalty before I’m 59, and we’d also like to build a house on a little land we bought years ago. The money would pay for maybe 15% of a house though after paying taxes and fees so that’s probably not viable.

Keeping it invested I understand there’s a few different types of rollovers we can do? Do any let us draw the money with any kind of tax advantage (and no penalties) before 59?

Also since I’m sure it’ll be suggested…. It at least crossed my mind to just put it all in btc 😂

If anyone is a planner and wants to chat I’m not entirely opposed to going beyond free advice on the internet either. I don’t want to get into someone else managing it, but would be interested in talking actual options and scenarios.
Roll into IRA. Buy VOO and forget about it.

I was going to close out some short positions and pick up some shares/calls right after open with the massive drop we were seeing. My Schwab ToS locked me out of my app from about a minute before market opened and until about 45 minutes after it opened. It cost me over $35k plus the lost opportunities.
I hate Schwab! They never should have been allowed to purchase TDA.
I'm not near a savy in this stuff as many on this thread...but I could not agree more with this statement more.
Schwab is so bad...I miss my old TDA so much.
I got so tired of Schwab I transfered that account to a finacial advisor and turned them loose with the balance. Partly didn't have the time to keep up with things and the user interface was just terrible and irritating and slow.

I've been holding back putting much more into it watching to see how they do with their managed funds. I'm not terribly thrilled thus far, I've made gains, but lost most of that in the last week. They certainly didn't do much to mitigate losses.
I'm thinking I need to get myself back into it as well.
What's the go to personal trading App now?
I'll just be starting fresh again so don't need to transfer anything so setup will be simple with any of them. Thinking I should see if I can beat the managed account % wise and take charge again...I dont even want to look at our 401ks right now🤦‍♂️

signing off

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not an active market guy but I heard that a newsworthy drop occurred. Once I checked the market numbers for yesterday I am confused.
Was it 3% down? That is what I read.
Such a small blip in a sense. And if MAJOR news ever came out, I think 5, 6, 15 percent is possible. Build your portfolio for THOSE swings so fear doesn't ruin your progress.
I didn't sell so that is how I mitigate the losses in the headlines.

I'll give him $1000 and give him half of gains if he can make me $1mil in two months from $1000.

He did hit some 0 day trades that helped. Also, pulling a $330k day on 255% returns and a $200k day on almost 200% returns helps. I’ve been following for 2 weeks. What ever he is doing is working for him and everyone else. I profited $1050 on two options last week that were almost 100% return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jmort1754

WKR
He did hit some 0 day trades that helped. Also, pulling a $330k day on 255% returns and a $200k day on almost 200% returns helps. I’ve been following for 2 weeks. What ever he is doing is working for him and everyone else. I profited $1050 on two options last week that were almost 100% return.

So what did you invest in?

So what did you invest in?

Spy puts.

Wouldn’t suggest trading options if you don’t have technical analysis to support your position. Otherwise it’s a straight gamble and the odds are not in your favor.

Last edited:
Market about to dip again….

(Not financial advice)

Last edited:
I say its a pump

I say its a pump

Yeah. It will pump. After it dumps again.
And when it reaches the top on the next pump….

d7de02977a4090b220816a2deff019c6.jpg

That’s the weekly candles on the s&p 500. Notice the pattern?

598d096b0bccbd34d915c7fd3b963161.jpg

Same Weekly candles. Notice the trend lines parallel that are black. One is major support, the other resistance. If it breaks below lower trend line and can’t get back above it that will be the new support. Results in lower high.

I say its a pump

I say its a pump

Two very bearish patterns….

This is no guarantee. Will have to see how it plays out. Should know mid to late September. If it becomes bearish again, it will be the right shoulder of the pattern and it will go to the trend line or very close to it for sure. If it breaks the trend line it will continue to fall. You’re talking about a 20% correction to the downside from where we were two weeks ago.

None of this is financial advice. Anything can happen. Just something I found and thought I’d share. I’m not a finance guy. Just passing info along. I’d love to be wrong btw…. That big of a drop will hurt…

06de24ec7c471f5b88ce49d5a8bd0b28.jpg

Last edited:
I’d keep a close eye on Nikkei futures right now and that market at 10 pm est (I think) when it opens. Global markets are in disarray right now. Japan’s economy may collapse. It will affect ours. They hold a lot of our debt.

Again, not financial advice. Just passing along info.

Maybe someone in here a lot smarter than me will have more to add or point out something I missed.

ncstewart

WKR
Can someone just tell me what to invest in so I can go sheep hunt next year…… really tho I’m only in this for tags!!

Lumen about a month ago would have made you some sheep money if you put enough in to start. Unfortunately I have been holding that for way too long…. In at 10ish rode it down to 1 and now it’s back to 6-7.