The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Can you elaborate on this a little. I have a hard time wrapping my head around all the bonds and bills projections.
Japanese bank is going to sell $63 billion of collateralized loan investments that they are upside down on. Controlled fire sale.

Mortgage Backed Securities are one type of collateralized loan.

Collateralized loans are usually considered less risky and leveraged more.

Once one bank starts selling, everyone else will too just like the financial crisis of 2008. No buyers, market collapses. Margin calls can't be made. First movers survive. Those left holding the bag go broke.

Stocks get sold off buy institutions in an attempt to raise enough funds to stay open. Stock market crashes.

The US Treasury has listed this bank as being eligible for Repo. Aka foreign bank bad investment bailout slush fund.

Fed will buy the Treasuries debt by printing more money. Aka inflation. Dollar worth less.

I'm probably going to trim positions over the summer, get to cash. But be ready to get out of cash before inflation deteriorates it too much.

Fowl Play

WKR
I kind of thought the whole NVDA thing was just a good pump and dump...still could be true but damn, I wish I would have risked it on that one.
I personally do not believe NVDA will be a pump and dump. Their chips are light years ahead of everyone else. You now have multiple industries pushing for AI integration and tons of companies trying to beat out one another with integrating it. Running your systems with anything less than the highest performing chips puts you at a major disadvantage. As long at NVDA keeps producing the fastest chips it doesn’t matter what they charge, companies will buy them because they cannot afford NOT to. Their graphics cards are also used for crypto mining plus a host of other major industries. I personally think NVDA could still double their current valuation long term — as crazy as that sounds. But AI is here to stay and NVDA is winning the game on that front. I put a decent chunk each into both NVDA and AMD 4 years ago figuring one of them would win the AI game. One of the better financial plays I’ve ever made. Still plan to hold for quite a while.

BBob

WKR
Let's hope so! Still holding at GTE.

Recently added again at PR now holding 15K shares.
Aug.1st of last year was the start of a great run. Fingers crossed for a solid $20 SP.
Let’s see what uncle Joe and co does with the SPR in the run up to the election and if he does release more what the Saudis do to counter. If he releases I’d think the Saudis will have to extend the cuts. Going to be a long haul I think.

Broomd

WKR
Let’s see what uncle Joe and co does with the SPR in the run up to the election and if he does release more what the Saudis do to counter. If he releases I’d think the Saudis will have to extend the cuts. Going to be a long haul I think.
Yeah, I might be naive, but not too worried about that. With PR's divis and crazy numbers anymore it seems when earnings arrive she's a flyer.

We'll see how it goes, one thing is for sure, the clown-in-chief sure empties the quiver for politics' sake anymore. Really a disgusting scenario we've watched unfold over the last four years and the ironic thing is he's probably more worried about sh*tting his pants than anything. His handlers are pulling all of these levers like SPR.
Sorry to wax political here, but it's all so relevant I'd be remiss.