The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Beendare

WKR
Who loves Marathon Petroleum?
The current administration has created a bottleneck for refiners and big oil companies.

I own marathon through two ETFs, one of which I increased my holding in December and now those large oil companies are a third of my portfolio. 👍🏼
Edit- pardon. These stock comment threads deserve more explanation and I did not really give it. I was 20% in oil ETFs and CNQ a year ago. I allocated more to it in December because I see it as a way to play market divergence. I still have a significant amount in broad market ETFs and I wanted to offset those with a sector that I thought had room to run.

Essentially, my oil stuff went up and then back down slightly positive for about a year. With the current gov admin, I think companies like marathon have room to run but look at that chart I would not touch it here, it has ran up too hard just in the last month and a half. I do think the large oil ETFs like FENY still have room.

So part of my overall strategy is to offset a potential divergence (read overall market softening) in the market with oil.

Last edited:

BBob

WKR
ZION From a quick look and a pure chart perspective (I know nothing of this co other than the chart so take it FWIW) it has been consolidating in a pennant pattern on a rise which suggests a bullish breakout. Pretty classic hitting the marks.
Screen Shot 2024-04-26 at 10.56.28 AM.pngScreen Shot 2024-04-26 at 10.57.33 AM.png

Beendare

WKR
It might be worth watching HIMS

the CEO came out saying he would hire the university protestors and his stock dropped 8%~ classic go woke.

Theres a chance this thing drops into the gutter….and then a turnaround opp