The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Thats not me saying that...its Nike management....read that everything is cutting into their margins...which is the case in my businesses...... and probably every business across the country.

Yeah sorry about the confusion. Yep, understand it’s what’s cutting into it. Didn’t know if you had any insight into the exchange issue, or if anything more was stated in the report. Like mentioned it could be an issue across the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
Yeah sorry about the confusion. Yep, understand it’s what’s cutting into it. Didn’t know if you had any insight into the exchange issue, or if anything more was stated in the report. Like mentioned it could be an issue across the board.

I do know the dollar has lost about 7% of its value in the last year or so…..

I did skim their conf call but my takeaway is that everything related to input costs is more expensive, shipping is more expensive and they aren’t selling as many of their flagship high priced shoes…they are discounting more.

It looks to me like we are in a slow grind down economy wise and it could take many years. If anyone sees a diamond in the rough that will buck that trend…I’m all ears.

Don't know that it's a diamond in the rough, but I've been buying UNG periodically over the last month or two. Historic lows for natural gas can't last forever is what I'm figuring, and the electric future is still in the future.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
Don't know that it's a diamond in the rough, but I've been buying UNG periodically over the last month or two. Historic lows for natural gas can't last forever is what I'm figuring, and the electric future is still in the future.
Man, UNG has taken it on the chin. Close to 5+ year low is where it is now.

Truly a buy if you are willing to lose what you invested with the chance that NG prices come back and you could turn a 3 or 4 bagger.

Eddie

Man, UNG has taken it on the chin. Close to 5+ year low is where it is now.

Truly a buy if you are willing to lose what you invested with the chance that NG prices come back and you could turn a 3 or 4 bagger.

Eddie
I figure since it's an ETF I'm minimizing the risk of losing everything invested as well. Not that things couldn't still go poorly, but it's not the same risk as an individual NG company

JVS

Lil-Rokslider
Morning guys
I’m buying BTI and PNC bank this morning… An a bit more SCHD.

CorbLand

WKR
What is everyone else doing right now?

I have been buying my standard monthly of VOO in my IRA, letting the 401K just continue on mostly in FID500, everything else is sitting in HYSA. Capital One is at 4.15 and Fidelity MM is at 4.75%.

I'm still pumping money into my TSP, but it's still all going into G Fund. And all my brokerage and Roth IRA is in MM fund (SWVXX) getting 4.60% after expenses except for relatively small holdings of PR and CVX that are doing well, SQQQ that is not doing particularly well but I'm holding onto it for now to see if it turns around (NASDAQ still feels toppy to me, but I also thought that when I bought this a month or two ago), and my long-term gold miners are still sucking ass.

Got in on RIVN before it jumped. I’m up a little over 30% on airline stocks. Hoping to get a bit more before selling those.

CorbLand

WKR
Forgot to add there are some decent CDs out there if you want some locked in guaranteed gains.

I locked in an 11 month at 5% back in February or March but many are mid 4%.

Paradox

FNG
6 and 9 month t-bills are 5.4 ish if you don’t want to lock up long term for cd type returns.
I think materials will be the next big mover. Many have already…..
MLM, LINDE both up nicely this year. Likely more to be had once some money comes out of tech as profit taking. Already seeing some flattening there.
OTOH, if I had the answers I’d probably be too rich to discuss this with you guys😁

Anything related to crypto seems to be pumping the last few days. Lots of reasons for it. Vanguard bought a 10% stake in RIOT. Miners are doing well and COIN.

I’m looking for a little pullback on Tesla. Tesla was the most sold vehicle in nine countries in June, CA is offering incentives while brings the model Y right around $20k. Going to be hard for competition to keep up.

FSR pumped after news of funding.

Still adding a little bit of btc, sol, matic and eth.

Short term T-bills ( 4 and 8 week) about 75% of my investing money. Some individual stocks and a little in MM accounts collecting the roughly 4ish +/- %.

idahomuleys

Lil-Rokslider
With everybody commenting on sitting on the sidelines with HYSA earning 4+%, does that concern any of you that nows the time to buy before everybody throws their money back into the market?
Also, bought some SLDP a couple weeks ago at $2.18. Feeling good about it. Needed something else going in a positive direction based off what my GTE looks like.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

With everybody commenting on sitting on the sidelines with HYSA earning 4+%, does that concern any of you that nows the time to buy before everybody throws their money back into the market?
Also, bought some SLDP a couple weeks ago at $2.18. Feeling good about it. Needed something else going in a positive direction based off what my GTE looks like.

Only would concern you if you think now is the time to buy.

Paradox

FNG

Yes, I think now is the time to buy.
I am all in with a little sitting in t-bills for reserve. Lots of attractive stocks that will take off once the sideline money comes in and FOMO effect powers up.
Of course I could be wrong…..

Yes, I think now is the time to buy.
I am all in with a little sitting in t-bills for reserve. Lots of attractive stocks that will take off once the sideline money comes in and FOMO effect powers up.
Of course I could be wrong…..
I figure at 28 years old I have a long enough time horizon that even a mistake has a decent chance of working out long term. The chance of things breaking out big is probably worth taking

ORHunter

WKR
XRP is back on Coinbase. I've been sitting on a pile since the lawsuit started. I should probably sell but I'm hoping for a little more.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk