The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

I really wanted to add more Exxon and Valero today, but I didn’t have any free cash in either of my trade accounts. It was a good day to buy. That Powell really shanked us today.

CorbLand

WKR
I really wanted to add more Exxon and Valero today, but I didn’t have any free cash in either of my trade accounts. It was a good day to buy. That Powell really shanked us today.
I sold a couple this morning to convert the profits into more shares as everything was dropping. I just dont have enough money to play with yet to make a huge difference but I was able to get one extra share.

Been looking to pick up some airline stocks. Almost pulled the trigger last week. Now I'm waiting to see if they keep dropping.

I actually don't think the airlines are at the bottom yet. This pandemic is going to change the way companies do business going forward, and I'm under the impression that business travel is a huge percentage of revenue for big airlines. If those companies pull back on travel altogether, it's going to be a long road for the airline industry.

So far it looks like most things are up after hours. They’re not up a lot, but some, including cdev, mro, chap, mik, uso, and eurn. Sometimes those trades feel like the darlings of this thread. Gotta say they have Been great since late March.
Oh, and luckily I got out of hertz and didn’t lose anything. Can’t say the same for Tops!

I actually don't think the airlines are at the bottom yet. This pandemic is going to change the way companies do business going forward, and I'm under the impression that business travel is a huge percentage of revenue for big airlines. If those companies pull back on travel altogether, it's going to be a long road for the airline industry.

I think airlines were at their bottom weeks ago when they were hella low. Could have made a fortune on them already if I bought then. But you could be right they could do that low again sometime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know the market doesn’t make sense right now......and I’m perfectly fine with that. But it seems like people (with influence) don’t like that it’s doing so well right now and they are doing anything they can to tank it. They want the market to be shit so it’ll help everything else look like shit......which is exactly what so many seem to want right now. They don’t want things to be better or return to normal.

jfs82

WKR
I bought into some etfs today with a plan to buy in each year with a set amount as a long term hold for my son down the line.

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I’m 95% cash again. I’ll be adding to my airlines in the next couple days here if they go back to their lows. I hope not though, as I really don’t want to put much more into them proportionally.

Anyone been sitting on GTE? Not overly sold on it but these low priced stocks seem like they have been getting pumped. CHAP being the current one. Don't think its going to shoot the moon but a short hold. Figured I would see if anyone else had been watching/holding GTE

EastMT

WKR
For those of you that want to play the inverse ETF’s instead of shorting stocks, here’s a list I use. Danger on the 3x funds if you get in at the wrong time, learn to read a chart well.

Hopefully we turn back up steady but on the rough days these can make your portfolio green again

Attachments

• B2803700-1CCE-4815-918F-5DA8294BD328.jpeg
    B2803700-1CCE-4815-918F-5DA8294BD328.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 88
If you fellas that are new want to try shorting stocks, as far as day trading, make sure you have a good high speed internet connection and are trading on a truly “live” platform with no (or very minimal) delay.
And make sure you know how to read candlesticks.

I’m 95% cash again. I’ll be adding to my airlines in the next couple days here if they go back to their lows. I hope not though, as I really don’t want to put much more into them proportionally.

I lean towards the tech side right now. Modern tech companies were unknowingly prepared for something like this. A solid/secure VPN infrastructure, good video conferencing platform, and a culture that communicates well will go a long ways.

I think this pandemic will expose companies that don't want to embrace technology.

TBARR

FNG
Hey guys new to this thread but would love to peak in here from time to time.

Anyone in VTIQ ??

This thing has been a trip the last few days. I got in at $10 and have added all the way up to the mid 20s.

Hers a link to a podcast with the ceo of Nikola. He gives a good run down about the company and where they are going.

2c1e457cc5c7251521bdeaf5ee28546c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broomd

WKR
Anyone been sitting on GTE? Not overly sold on it but these low priced stocks seem like they have been getting pumped. CHAP being the current one. Don't think its going to shoot the moon but a short hold. Figured I would see if anyone else had been watching/holding GTE
I am, 3.5 k shares bought low. Not impressed, but it's strictly a long term play. I'm hoping they survive and hit $1-2.

Broomd

WKR
For those of you that want to play the inverse ETF’s instead of shorting stocks, here’s a list I use. Danger on the 3x funds if you get in at the wrong time, learn to read a chart well.

Hopefully we turn back up steady but on the rough days these can make your portfolio green again
I got my ass kicked by JDST, bought in too deep and couldn't get out without loss before R/S--only real loss I've ever taken. I'd normally wait forever for a stock to return to parity, but I was screwed.
No inverse for me.

EastMT

WKR
Yes sir, if you play on those you have to be on the charts all day, there’s no set it and forget it. Watching every candle waiting for a flip.

TVIX made a double bottom this afternoon, I made a quick 8% on it. But you have to be in and out fast, I don’t hold long because I work evenings, so the start of the day is out for me.

Pre-market airlines still dropping out. Watching Delta waiting for an opportunity to load up. Have a hard time believing Delta won't be able to weather the storm. If all holds true we will see a new 52 week low today. Also watching MGM to dip below $10. Not sure if it will skid back to the $5.90 low back in March but have been keeping an eye on these two after missing MGM in March. Also have a friend who did well on GT back in 09. Think I read someone else in this thread did the same. Keeping that one on my radar as well. BA in my opinion is very over inflated with everything they have on their plate right now. Keeping my distancing unless it dips below the $100 mark. Maybe I'm way off on that one but I feel they will continue to struggle with all the 737 MAX cancellations and could see trump trim defense spending to offset budget concerns. Just one guys thoughts. Still holding strong with CDEV & FET. Not overly impressed with CPE but still holding strong. CHAP surprised me with their earning report. Watching for a dip possibly tomorrow to jump in. Undecided yet.