The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

In my CEOs friends case he said he has street addresses, phone numbers and emails of the majority of people that used to work for them. It’s not like he can’t find them to ask them back, it’s rather they don’t want to nor need to comeback. As was said above, a lot of them are living off a huge profit form a home sale and down sizing, or off other new monies that appeared from investments or inheritances. They all now want remote jobs and to be paid handsomely for it. So……at some point someone has to give, but I would gather in most instances the big corporations will outlast the small nest eggs of the unemployed. Some people simply can’t see their nose in front of their face.

CorbLand

WKR
In my CEOs friends case he said he has street addresses, phone numbers and emails of the majority of people that used to work for them. It’s not like he can’t find them to ask them back, it’s rather they don’t want to nor need to comeback. As was said above, a lot of them are living off a huge profit form a home sale and down sizing, or off other new monies that appeared from investments or inheritances. They all now want remote jobs and to be paid handsomely for it. So……at some point someone has to give, but I would gather in most instances the big corporations will outlast the small nest eggs of the unemployed. Some people simply can’t see their nose in front of their face.
Could be but at the same time, we are seeing businesses raising their wages to get people to come to work for them. I work for the state and we are feeling it here as well. The problem we run into is that we don't have the freedom to raise wages without approval, which you get once a year. We are having to find ways to incentivize people to work for us and it is largely being done through work from home or hybrid work schedules. There are a lot of people that are getting work from home with pay raises. Why wouldnt people hold out for or want that?

Its a cycle. Sometimes businesses are in charge and sometimes employees. Personally, I believe that you need to take advantage of it when you are in charge and that is what employees are doing. It will shift back but until then, I hope employees take it for all its worth.

Last edited:

Broomd

WKR
Interesting to think that if you bought ETH a month ago at $850 you'd be enjoying an almost 150% increase today...
I contemplated buying ten coins at that price. Woulda, coulda, shoulda...

Interesting to think that if you bought ETH a month ago at $850 you'd be enjoying an almost 150% increase today...
I contemplated buying ten coins at that price. Woulda, coulda, shoulda...
I tried to tell my wife we should move about 1/2 the money we have saved to build a house into ETH at $1050. . . She told me not only no but HELL NO!!! (She's a bit risk adverse). So when she asks about upgraded cabinets I'm just going to casually point out that we could have, but we didn't do the ETH deal!

(I'm fully aware that Had i moved the money It would have gone back to tanking!)

CorbLand

WKR
I tried to tell my wife we should move about 1/2 the money we have saved to build a house into ETH at $1050. . . She told me not only no but HELL NO!!! (She's a bit risk adverse). So when she asks about upgraded cabinets I'm just going to casually point out that we could have, but we didn't do the ETH deal!

(I'm fully aware that Had i moved the money It would have gone back to tanking!)
Dude, I had a buddy in college that told me the smartest thing I could do was buy 100 bucks worth of Bitcoin and not look at it until I retired. It was ~.50 at that time.

Edit to add.

I didn’t listen.

Last edited:

NDGuy

WKR
Dude, I had a buddy in college that told me the smartest thing I could do was buy 100 bucks worth of Bitcoin and not look at it until I retired. It was ~.50 at that time.

Edit to add.

I didn’t listen.
My friend had about 20 on a thumb drive that he lost 6 years ago haha

N.ID7803

WKR
Anyone holding POWW? I was up a couple hundred last week and looked this morning and had given most of it back, so I sold on the news. I will wait and see what the offering is on the two new companies.

Bratch

Lil-Rokslider

If these are O&G jobs they may just be sick of the boom bust and done with the industry. 2014-2021 was an utter kick in the dick, I went through about 8 rounds of layoffs and every time said if they call my number I’m done.

Paradox

FNG
My POWW is still up 25%. My experience with spin-offs has been generally positive. Think I’ll sit tight and see on this one.

Anyone got any good feelings on a couple high risk gambles?

Feeling pretty solid overall with my current strategy but looking to take a swing with ~10K

NDGuy

WKR
What are names you all are watching in the up-and-coming industries that we could take advantage of on the next dive? I will be watching Semi Conductors, Anything EV related, and mid cap tech stocks.

Last edited:
Anyone got any good feelings on a couple high risk gambles?

Feeling pretty solid overall with my current strategy but looking to take a swing with ~10K
I'll spend your money :)

A 10k bet, looking to double up.....throw it at LABU. 3x leveraged biotech.

I'm waiting till it gets close to 10 and jumping back in.

I did buy some LABU, looks like it has some fantastic potential / upside.

But yes I’m good with doubling up or going to zero level of risk 👍.

stevewes2004

Lil-Rokslider
What are names you all are watching in the up-and-coming industries that we could take advantage of on the next dive? I will be watching Semi Conductors, Anything EV related, and mid cap tech stocks.

As for semiconductors, keep and eye on AOSL. I’ve swing traded it several times and now holding a large amount for long term….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ghostmoney

Lil-Rokslider
For those holding CDEV, what’s your exit plan???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thinking I will hold through next summer, but will depend on what shareholder returns are after the merger. I already made enough to pay off my house, so now anything else is just the cherry on top. I still think we will see $13+

Another question for the CDEV holders: what's your average per-share basis? I'm trying to get a sense of whether this is still a good buy, or if the real money was made last year. 7 to 13 is a nice jump that significantly outperforms anything I hold right now, but it's nothing like .69 to 13..........