The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

NDGuy

WKR
I'm the low/no debt type of guy that generally does boring investing in 401k and mutual funds. But I've also been known to drink too much and stay up too late in Vegas playing Wheel of Fortune. So I've dipped my toe into single stock trading but with pretty minimal amounts of money. $50 here, $100 there. I'm pretty clueless but it's entertaining at least. I don't know that I'll ever have the balls to throw around big money but it's fun to watch other people do it, lol!
Get in while the getting is good!

NDGuy

WKR
Excellent EIA news today. Gas (non) draw was the exception due to horrible weather.

Draws:
Crude: -6.644MM,
Exp. +0.98MM
Gasoline: +4.259MM
Distillates: -1.731MM
Cushing: -0.658MM,
Production: 11mmb/d, +100kb/d
My biggest regret is not going more into oil in March/April

WOOF. My wife's business got shutdown during that period so we had a lot more to worry about!

Still, glad I am taking advantage of what I can right now.

How to open a brokerage account and get free stocks, Open and fund your account to receive free stock - Webull

Last edited:

Okhotnik

WKR
Finally hit goal of 100 per cent on CPE

zKvvSRQ.jpg

Just hit my sell order at 22.40. Think stick to plan to transition to cash soon in my trading accounts. Its hard to stick to plan and not be greedy. lol

BuckHunter24

Lil-Rokslider
Don't forget to set limits, especially when buying low volume stocks!

I may not entirely understand what happened here, since it looks like more than one extraordinarily high order was filled. But someone is holding that stock for a crazy high price now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210210-092331_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210210-092331_Google.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 73

Muddler

Lil-Rokslider
OLB was running this morning, caught a couple of dips premarket. Halted twice after opening and then it took a dump. Thankfully I'm getting slightly smarter and scaled in two smaller positions instead of going all in. Hopefully it rebounds

22lr

WKR
On the dip I opened small positions in ASTI and SHIP. Went with ASTI as I could see myself buying one of their solar panels for myself, looks like a pretty dang cool product!

Do you consider any of these long positions I should look into or do you consider them P&D?
I consider them overnight swings or some would basically consider them a baby P&D. I don't follow any chat rooms other than this and don't have a twitter acct. Those places are usually where P&D's come from.

When I say glued to your screen, I mean it. This morning I set sell limits or stops right when the market opened and cashed out before our "little" correction around a half hour in. Some positions I might hold for a couple days to a week, but its more rare for me to do that. I have posted my medium and long holds and denote them when I post something like that. You can search my posts for a few long term and dividend plays that I have thrown out there for less experienced traders. Or for someone looking to diversify risk.

So, I have about 4K to play pennies/shorts/options and the rest is mediums, longs, IRA types, etc...
It's a lot of work, but this market has been very kind since March 23rd 2020.
And I have many Folks to thank on this forum for that. I just try to contribute as much back as I can. It's amazing to think this thread is almost 300 pages long...There are some lobster dinners to be given out and I hope I can return the favor!

Last edited:
I consider them overnight swings or some would basically consider them a baby P&D. I don't follow any chat rooms other than this and don't have a twitter acct. That is usually where P&D's come from.

When I say glued to your screen, I mean it. This morning I set sell limits or stops right when the market opened and cashed out before our "little" correction around a half hour in. Some positions I might hold for a couple days to a week, but its more rare for me to do that. I have posted my medium and long holds and denote them when I post something like that. You can search my posts for a few long term and dividend plays that I have thrown out there for less experienced traders. Or for someone looking to diversify risk.

So, I have about 4K to play pennies/shorts/options and the rest is mediums, longs, IRA types, etc...
It's a lot of work, but this market has been very kind since March 23rd 2020.
And I have many Folks to thank on this forum for that. I just try to contribute as much back as I can. It's amazing to think this thread is almost 300 pages long...There are some lobster dinners to be given out and I hope I can return the favor!
I just got in and quickly realized I don’t have time to play the P&Ds. I need to stick to at least medium term buys. I don’t mind risking a bit on the pennies because some turn into huge gains over time. It appears hard to separate the pennies people are just turning and ones that may play out.