The next BIG breakthrough in archery?

garrickt

Lil-Rokslider
What do you all think it will be ?
PSE has broken the 360fps mark, can it get faster?
Maybe some new limb material/ design that ups the anty?
Any thought or insight?

Weston

Lil-Rokslider
nocks with GPS transmitters, if you stick track your animal you wouldnt have to trail blood/ risk loosing blood before your arrow kicks out, if you pass through/miss find your arrow and use again, would be awesome....but I think were a while from that.

rodney482

WKR
nocks with GPS transmitters, if you stick track your animal you wouldnt have to trail blood/ risk loosing blood before your arrow kicks out, if you pass through/miss find your arrow and use again, would be awesome....but I think were a while from that.

Tracking devices for arrows were already developed...

I really hope it slows down; current technology is pretty dang good. I for one don't want shorter seasons and less tags.

How about they focus on bows that tune easier or stay in tune longer?

To be honest... i think that it is pretty evident that many of the bow companies seem to be plateauing. I mean, Mathews hasn't really done anything new since the the outback/switchback. They take weight off here, add 5fps here, gimmicky stuff that comes and goes, but in general they are basically she same bow with a different name and a higher price. The monsters were a hit for a few months... but have since been written off. Hoyt came out with a carbon riser.... but since then nothing is changing much. Trycon---katera--maxxis--alphamax--crx--spyder... has anything really changed all that much?

Joe

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Energy efficiency has improved and probably will continue to make small gains. I think cross bows are stealing some of the invitation as more hunters wanting to hunt archery season without using a bow keep pushing for regulation change out west. I agree at some point harvest numbers go up and seasons are shortened

jmez

WKR
I don't think that efficiency and speed can change any more until they develop new and better materials. They are pretty maxxed out with the current builds.

Seems like archery is cyclical like most things. I think that speed is on the way out. There will always be a segment of the industry that wants the fastest bow out there but with the Element, the Experience, Creed, Carbon Knight, etc we are slowly seeing a transition to moderate speeds with smooth and shootable getting more emphasis.

Buster

WKR
I really hope it slows down; current technology is pretty dang good. I for one don't want shorter seasons and less tags.

How about they focus on bows that tune easier or stay in tune longer?

I agree. Southern Alberta just put the majority of it's zones on draw for archery mule deer. Used to be a 2 month otc tag, but they figure the archery harvest rate is too high now. I love technology, but I hate seasons being restricted.

Danielboone

Lil-Rokslider
Bowhunting and bows are supposed to be primitive. Most bows are far from that though. I hunted with a longbow most of my life and do now also hunt with a compound. I like technology as much as the next guy, but enough is enough IMO. There are always crossbows for those who want 400 FPS and still "consider" themselves "bowhunters" :confused: What we have now is way more than we will ever need to kill most anything on the planet. The rest is up to us, becoming better, smarter hunters.:)

velvetfvr

WKR
The bows today are plenty to kill anything. Staying in tune comes from string stability, a custom set of threads will solve the tuning issues.

Lawnboi

WKR
It seems like bows (compound atleast, that's all I really follow) have gone nowhere in the last 4 years or so.

Until new materials come out I see compound bows going nowhere.

Arrow points that hold a pistol cartridge!............crap, nevermind.

Ohhh ohhh ohhh, a mechanical broadhead that mounts at the REAR of the arrow to go with the broadhead on the front of the arrow......................wait, shit.

A device that holds the bow at full draw for you, you know, so you dont actually have to draw it back when an animal is in range.......................belay that.